Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Barefoot Reservation Time?

Aruba since 1979
    nope, hyatt is at palm beach

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I looked at the Hyatt at Eagle Beach, actually googled it as I could not remember where the Hyatt was exactly located.

Are there actually two Hyatts? One at Eagle Beach and one at Palm Beach?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Matthews is @ Casa Del Mar (Eagle Beach Area) and Hyatt is @ Palm Beach. It is at least 2 miles.
    2.8 miles to be precise. About an hour walk... or six days with a toddler.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Hyatt...!3e2!4e1?hl=en

Having been all the places suggested, and that you asked for a place that is special, Barefoot is the place. We go every year and it is wonderful. We don't normally go for sunset as we like to sit at the beach and watch the sunset and then make our way there a little later. Depends on your group, however, since you will be with a 9 year old then perhaps 6 is a good time. The beach setting is really lovely but the inside is very special too. Lovely ambiance and great food, you can't go wrong. There are lots of suggestions of good places but your key word was special and its not as far as Flying Fishbone (haven't been there in years but last time I found the tables on top of each other).
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachMom View Post
    We are very EXCITED for our FIRST trip to Aruba Dec 10-15th!

I am interested in your opinions on what time we should make our family reservation for at BAREFOOT?

I am looking for this 1 dinner reservation to be our "special night out" with our 3 grown children/spouses & grandson -9 people total. Atmosphere is very important to me!

Is the atmosphere better with a reservation at 6 pm in order to see sunset at 6:15 pm?
    Or are we better off with a 7 pm reservation when it's darker?
    If our reservation isn't until 7, will the ocean front beach seating be filled up?

If you also have a recommendation for another restaurant we should consider instead of Barefoot, I'd love to know that too.

Thank you kindly!
    Barefoot is perfect for a special dinner with your family. If sunset is 6:15 I would make the reservation for 5:45. This will give you time to get seated, order drinks, take a look at the menu and get your camera ready for the beautiful sunset. I would think that the front row beach tables would not be available at 7 pm. It would be too dark anyway to see the ocean after sunset.

Personally I'm not into "toes in the sand" dining anymore. Chairs are uncomfortable in the sand. I like the ambience better dining under the big open-air palapa at Barefoot. I think your group of 9 people will be better served there. And there is light under the palapa to read the menu and see the people your dining with. Depending on the table under the palapa you can still see the sunset. If not, diners just get up and stand at the edge of the palapa or go on the sand to watch/ take pictures of the sunset. This is IMHO.

If looking for another night with atmosphere I would say Elements at Bucuti Resort. I don't know how old your grandson is but Elements is age 18+. I have also enjoyed Matthew's Beachside but I wouldn't say it's fine dining. Moomba's (next to the Holiday Inn) is very casual. I've never been impressed with their food. As for entertainment, Moomba's only has a live DJ on Sundays evenings. IMHO not a place to go for a special dinner.

Since you are staying at the Hyatt, Runias del Mar is very nice if you can get an outside table for 9 people Though again I couldn't read the menu after dark.

I see that you are going for only 4 nights. Not enough time but hopefully you will love Aruba like the rest of us on this forum and will be back in the future.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 10-30-2015 at 05:45 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachMom View Post
    We are very EXCITED for our FIRST trip to Aruba Dec 10-15th!

I am interested in your opinions on what time we should make our family reservation for at BAREFOOT?

I am looking for this 1 dinner reservation to be our "special night out" with our 3 grown children/spouses & grandson -9 people total. Atmosphere is very important to me!

Is the atmosphere better with a reservation at 6 pm in order to see sunset at 6:15 pm?
    Or are we better off with a 7 pm reservation when it's darker?
    If our reservation isn't until 7, will the ocean front beach seating be filled up?

If you also have a recommendation for another restaurant we should consider instead of Barefoot, I'd love to know that too.

Thank you kindly!
    OMG! You are already on your last day of your first trip! I have been thinking about you and remembered "our trip mid December..."

Hope, you and your family had a wonderful time in Aruba! Would LOVE to read about your thoughts, experiences and impressions.

Maybe drop us a line or two when you have the time! TYIA!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12