Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Barefoot Restaurant

Thumbs up Our Experience at Barefoot

Barefoot has a very nice upscale, but relaxed, barefoot atmosphere, the food was beautifully presented. Some tables overlook the beach; others are under a palapa overlooking it. The menu is not for everyone, but if you go with an open mind and if unsure, ask for sauces on the side, you should be able to find something to tickle your taste buds. Service was terrific, doting, but not overwhelming. My dh drinks a lot of water during dinner while in Aruba and his glass never once went empty here.

Appetizers-- Vanilla Skewered Scallops, Goat Cheese Medallions- cheese on roasted bell pepper, topped with red onion chutney & balsamic syrup, Two Tuna- Tuna tartar & tuna Carpaccio)

Entrees-- Caribbean Grouper- filet topped with mango cream cheese & served with a light spicy mango sauce, Romance of the Sea- Grouper, Snapper & Mahi Mahi, Grouper Special

Desserts-- Tiramisu & Grand Dessert- (Chef’s selection of different desserts

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Entrees-- Caribbean Grouper- filet topped with mango cream cheese & served with a light spicy mango sauce,
    Did you like this entree? This is what I ordered last Sept. I had a great goat cheese salad but really did not like this entree at all. I thought the mango cream cheese was WAY too heavy for grouper and you couldn't taste the fish or the spicy mango sauce at all. Maybe they've re-worked the sauce since I've been there. I just remember thinking that they ruined a good fish with such a heavy sauce and I ended up scraping most of it off. Hope they've re-worked it....it sounded good to me at the time but was my one disappointing entree on that trip. Everyone else I was with that night enjoyed their entrees though.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    Did you like this entree? This is what I ordered last Sept. I had a great salad but really did not like this entree at all. I thought the mango cream cheese was WAY too heavy for grouper and you couldn't taste the fish or the spicy mango sauce at all. Maybe they've re-worked the sauce since I've been there. I just remember thinking they that ruined good fish with such a heavy sauce and I ended up scraping most of it off. Hope they've re-worked it....it sounded good to me at the time but was my one disappointing entree on that trip. Everyone else I was with that night enjoyed their entrees though.
    Dd , the "kid" who eats duck surely has a sweet tooth . She was the one who ordered it and LOVED it. But I agree with you, a bit heavy for sure.

Dh's fish had a sauce as well, as did mine.

We all had sauce on our entrees, but more and more when dining out, I find myself ordering sauce on the side when appropriate. For me it is sometimes just too spicy, but for others, too rich.

The night I felt like something rich I ordered the Lobster Newburg at Amadeus, something which I had not eaten since I was a child. and it was worth the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Dd , the "kid" who eats duck surely has a sweet tooth . She was the one who ordered it and LOVED it. But I agree with you, a bit heavy for sure.

Looks like they at least didn't "smother" it in sauce like they did mine in Sept. But still....that sauce was just too heavy for such a light fish - it did not compliment the dish at all. I don't mind a light sauce (or a spicy sauce) but I am not into any sort of cream sauce at all....which brings me to the question: "Why in the world did I order this entree in the first place?!?" LOL!! I definitely ordered something that I should have known I would not like.

I just don't like it when the sauce overwhelms the entree and that's all you taste. Same with fried food - all fried food tastes the same to me: fried! LOL!!

Oh well....everyone has their own taste buds to cater to!
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Barefoot

Is Barefoot appropriate for kids, specially girls aged 7 and 11? If so, do they have a children’s menu? I didn’t see one on-line which made me think it’s not. Looks a little on the romantic side but I can’t tell because there are not many pictures.

For some reason this trip especially, I cannot put my finger on it, but we were pretty aware of where children were appreciated and where they were not.

I certainly had the feeling that children would be welcome at Barefoot. Even if you sit on the beach, which we did not, the tables are set pretty far apart.

At the end of our evenings dinner, when we were one of only two tables left, Maitre d’ Luc walked around the restaurant with our dd suggesting shots for photographs.

Perhaps email them in regards to offerings for children at
    eat@barefootaruba.com

Frank at Amadeus was also every bit as kind to our dd teaching her a bit about his homeland of Austria and she in turn was in awe of his interior decorating style inside Amadeus.

The owner Jose at Gostoso was very gracious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    Is Barefoot appropriate for kids, specially girls aged 7 and 11? If so, do they have a children’s menu? I didn’t see one on-line which made me think it’s not. Looks a little on the romantic side but I can’t tell because there are not many pictures.
    There was a couple with a toddler stting near us at a table on the beach and the staff was extremely friendly to her. She was mostly playing in the sand before falling asleep. Nicky Beach is right next to Barefoot and I'm not sure if it ever gets very loud. It was very quiet the night we were there.
    Last edited by jeffnev; 07-26-2011 at 05:12 PM.

This is all great information, thanks to all of you!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234