Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jdoll

Thread: Beach-side dining?

Beach-side dining?

After so many moons of doing the AI, the lady and I have been given an opportunity to test-ride a timeshare. So, here's a question for the seasoned members among us. Apparently, across from the Amsterdam Manor is a restaurant where one can spend a lovely evening with their feet in the ocean while being served an amazing dinner.

Might anyone know the name of this establishment, and, are they still there?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Passions. Still there as far as I know.

We've eaten at Passions dozens of times over the years. It's still our favorite romantic restaurant on the beach in Aruba.

Hubby and I at Passions below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beach-side dining?-passions_on_the_beach.jpg  
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We've stayed at Amsterdam Manor several times however not eaten there. We're going back Dec 26th. We wanted a beachside dinner for Dec 31st for our anniversary so I reserved at Barefoot restaurant this year as I read here it's the former Marandi's (we prefer to stay closer to town that evening). For those who've eaten at Barefoot and Passions, what is your thought on the differences?

We really enjoyed both, but prefer Passions over Barefoot for beach dining.
    Barefoot is next door to Nikky Beach club.

Passions is the best "toes in the sand" dining experience in our opinion. And, Barefoots is not only the old Marandi location but the old Marandi head chef also. He's one of the islands best; also in our opinion.

But comparing the two places is a bit apples & oranges. Passions is on the beach and under the stars, lit only by the tiki torch next to your table. Barefoots is open air, next to the beach and surf, under a large grass roof and the center section has sand under foot. The perimeter tables have wood planks under foot and the lighting is standard spots.

But if you asked us for 7 dinner recommendations these two would both make our "must do" list.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    My vote is Passions. We dined there for the first time after we renewed our vows last spring and the dinner, service & atmosphere were outstanding.

IF you choose Passions, do not cancel your Barefoot reservation until you have confirmation from Passions that they have availability for you for New Years Eve. They have limited seating and may very well already be booked up for NYE.

I like the food and service more at Barefoot yet like the atmosphere more at Passions. Passions is very romantic.