Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Beer

I am telling you, it is our retirement dream to open a brew pub in Aruba. Unfortunately that is still a few years off. Oh how I wish someone would beat me to it We leave tomorrow, and the only thing I will miss from cold WI is the beer. I am not a hop head, but rather a porter, brown, amber girl. To me Balashi is undrinkable. I do like Belgium double and triples and have enjoy them at Taste of Belgium and MJ's, but I dream about grabbing a growler of great beer and taking it to the pool/beach

Brewing in Aruba

I always have my eye out for locations to set up a small-scale brewery. It really shows that there is demand for something/anything crafty here. Are there any laws about a place having to serve food if you serve alcohol? Besides pretzels of course!

Salud!
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by swagmaster View Post
    Been two years since last trip. Through the years, I have become a huge beer snob. With the popularity of Craft beer in the US just not very fond of pilsners and lagers. Any chance craft beers are available anywhere in Aruba. A couple examples might be Sierra Nevada, Founders, Stone, Dogfish, Troegs, Victory, etc.

Im working on it please read here .
    Craft Beer

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    stella on tap at dushi bagels

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Guess I am not a beer snob. After the 3rd one, they all seem to taste the same.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.
    I think the biggest problem with opening a craft beer brewery would be the very, very high cost of water. You might have to charge too much for a glass of beer.

Aruba since 1979
    wouldn't it be less costly than import?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cple View Post
    I think the biggest problem with opening a craft beer brewery would be the very, very high cost of water. You might have to charge too much for a glass of beer.

We use to have Rubano Brewery near St Cruz and the small Brewery at the old Hooters with several types of Beers made in Aruba.
    The only one what still exist is Balashi .

I also was thinking to get Kegs to Aruba but the problem is to get the empty once back to the US for a good shipping rate ,not to get the full once in .
    The only option is Bottles and Cans from a Wholesale in Florida , thats what we did .

Im working right now to get also Dogfish 60 min and 90 min IPA on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Kasi View Post
    We use to have Rubano Brewery near St Cruz and the small Brewery at the old Hooters with several types of Beers made in Aruba.
    The only one what still exist is Balashi .

I also was thinking to get Kegs to Aruba but the problem is to get the empty once back to the US for a good shipping rate ,not to get the full once in .
    The only option is Bottles and Cans from a Wholesale in Florida , thats what we did .

Im working right now to get also Dogfish 60 min and 90 min IPA on the list.
    Dogfish Head 60min would be an awesome start to the "Hop-ination" of Aruba! Will be there beginning of May, so please advise if you get for MJ's as well as if available by the case.
    Next Aruba trip in

With you on this one - our son is coming down to visit us at La Cabana later this month and he loves his oatmeal stout! Any more suggestions on locating craft beers on the island?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast