Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Beer

Lagunitas Ameican IPA is there as well
    Working to get the Red IPA to.

Cheers

Kasi

We will put it all up Tomorrow when we are closed at MJ .The compressor for the Display Cooler Cabinet went missing during shipping so we had another slight delay but hopefully we will get it all done Tomorrow .

I got some very nice and hard to get Belgium's World Class Rated 100 point BA last week like Westvleteren #12 and # 8 and some World Class Rated Germans from Weihenstephaner , Vitus and Hefeweizen Hell and Dunkel 1/2liters and Bombers .

I will post the final Menu beginning of next week here .

Prost

Kasi

Aruba since 1979

Beer

Here are some photos
    I volunteered to post these for Kasi as I do not want him to be accused of self promoting.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beer-dsc07487dfff.jpg   Beer-dsc07463hdr.jpg   Beer-dsc07523rfg.jpg  
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-04-2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: per kasi

Name:  CraftBeers_Page_1.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  100.8 KB
    Name:  CraftBeers_Page_2.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  100.6 KB

Aruba since 1979
    yay!! that is what i have been trying to post.

thank you kasi and enno

jkl
    We always have some Balashi in the refrigerator, but a Aruba's Palmera anniversary rum and diet coke is my happy hour drink of choice.

Does anyone know where to purchase Miller Lite and Coors Lite on the Island and also how much they cost? We are renting a car so we can go to any grocery store but don't know which one is the best choice for the beer with the best price. Thanks.

The last time we had visitors join us that wanted Coor's light, I think they paid about $20 more than the native Balashi cost. I want to say it was about $45 bucks for a case. I like Ling's and Superfood's prices for beer, they are about the same. $45 sounds like a lot, but 24 Coor's lights at a hotel bar/store will set you back about $150.

Thanks Walt. I appreciate the information. I keep hearing about Balashi. Is this relatively close in taste to that of Coors light and Miller light? I'm thinking for the price difference my friends should try the local beer before buying the other two. I heard stellar is on the island now so I'm happy!!

I drink light beer at home, but when I'm in Aruba I drink Balashi, Balashi Chill or Amstel light and on occassion Polar. They have a bit stronger taste than Coor's light, but why not drink the "local" beer? I think everyone should try the local versions of things when travelling. It is a definite savings and you can find Balashi everywhere you go on the island in can, bottle and on tap. Coors and Miller, not so much.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast