Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best bang for your buck

I know we have all been to many of Aruba's fine restaurants but what do you think is the best bang for your buck when it comes to quality and quantity of food?

Dh and I did not care for it, but we swear people LOVE El Gaucho for quantity over quality. <<No flames please just our opinion>>

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/restaurants+affordable.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/restaurants+inexpensive.html

There's a little shop on the side of the highway between the airport and san nicholas that I love. Last time I was there I got the fish special to go that was amazing. Half a fish on a bed of rice plus a couple sides for $5 or so. I'll try and pinpoint it a little bit better when I go back down.

If the same dish was served at a high-rise restaurant it would have been $20 or more. It was better than several of the meals I had at "better" restaurants.

I guess I am trying to see where you like to go best or where you feel like you are getting your moneys worth. I went to a restaurant this year for the first time and the entrees I was looking at were $46 a plate. I bit pricey in my opinion. We eat in NYC a lot and don't even pay that. Luckily we had to leave the restaurant early and didn't have to empty my wallet. We are not big eaters, in other words we do not need our plates to be loaded with food we are just looking for opinions on quality entrees for the money you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    We are not big eaters, in other words we do not need our plates to be loaded with food we are just looking for opinions on quality entrees for the money you pay.
    Dh and I enjoyed ordering a bunch of tapas to sample at Salt and Pepper, sitting outside sipping Amstel Bright and people watching. Their prices were reasonable. Those $46 entrees got us to the mindset to switch over to all inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Dh and I enjoyed ordering a bunch of tapas to sample at Salt and Pepper, sitting outside sipping Amstel Bright and people watching. Their prices were reasonable. Those $46 entrees got us to the mindset to switch over to all inclusive.
    Yeah we don't mind spending money on vacation but with prices like that you feel like you're being ripped. Well, for what you were getting for that money anyway. I can see if I was getting a nice 10oz caribbean lobster tail with a a 6oz piece of fillet mignon or something. Salt and Pepper huh? This isn't the first time I heard of this. We might have to try it out. SOmetimes we rather just order a bunch of apps and share, sounds like the perfect place for that.

I beleive Chadd may be speaking of La Grandge.(spelling ?) There is one in Savanta on the main road and one downtown Orangestad. This is my favorite. Not fancy but clean , affordable, and good. You order at a counter, have a seat at a table,wait a few minutes till they call your number They have a small marinated onion bar, with hot sauses. you can also get a bottle of Polar for about 2 bucks to accomadate your meal., There is usually a line, mostly locals . Fun and affordable.

Arubamark,
    We were told by an Aruban friend of ours to try Peanuts. It is past the cinemas but not as far out as the round about (by Talk of the Town)...it is a locals restaurant and we were actually the only Americans in the place. BUT, the food was great and lots of it, and for 7 of us to eat a full meal it come to 71 dollars US...can't beat that anywhere for great food at a great price...!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Arubamark,
    We were told by an Aruban friend of ours to try Peanuts. It is past the cinemas but not as far out as the round about (by Talk of the Town)...it is a locals restaurant and we were actually the only Americans in the place. BUT, the food was great and lots of it, and for 7 of us to eat a full meal it come to 71 dollars US...can't beat that anywhere for great food at a great price...!!!!
    LOL, an Aruban friend had also suggested it to us too! We never got there, but when we drove by it was packed!

For the price, try the French Steakhouse next to the low-rises (Casa Del Mar and Aruba Beach Club) on Manchebo Beach. It does have it's own website...for 34.95 per person, you get a five course meal ! Great spot for when money is running low at the end of the trip....enjoy !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast