Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best bartenders

best bartenders

Hi, I would like to hear who you think are Aruba's very best bartenders--- not just those good with mixing cocktails, but those who really take it to a new level of skill and expertise.

Banned
    Ferdinand over at the Marriott Ocean Club's Waves Bar and Santiago over at the Marriott Resort lobby bar.

Dom
    My vote is for Lionel and Marina from the beach bar at the Bucuti Beach Resort.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

This is tough because I have several. My drink is simple: Jack Daniel's and club soda, some ice. So skill here is perhaps not properly evaluated. What matters most to me is a bartenders ability to converse, to keep people talking to each other, and never let a dull moment out of the box.

THEREFORE: Cornelius at Charlie's Bar is a favorite. Been there a long time, puts up with me sometimes for 4 or 5 hours at a time, 4 or 5 times in a row.

AND: Rene at Astoria Hotel Bar and Restaurant. Yeah, I know he said good things about me but it's true, this guy is tops with conversation and can do it in 3 languages. He also is a whiz with the computer jukebox and has encyclopedic knowledge of 80's music that stretches both sides of the decade.

THEN: There's Eison, who I'm not sure if he's still at the Hyatt Beach Bar or not. He was tons of fun without being goofy.

I WON'T MENTION: A few others because it would make me look like a drinking fool.

BY THE WAY: This is an excellent thread. After all, a good drink is a good drink but a great bartender makes all the difference.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    After all, a good drink is a good drink but a great bartender makes all the difference.
    That is an excellent statement.

Erwin at La Quinta hands down. He has the trophy to provid it too. Won best caribbean bartender and went to New Zealand to represent.

Have to agree about Erwin...he rocks, we were there for girls 50th...and he had us down on our hands and knees all 12 of us in a row with our hands behind our backs drinking "Spank the Monkey" with only our mouths to get the shots to our lips. Any bartender that can do that with a bunch of women has to be the best !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

The Bartenders At The Hyatt - Every Drink They Make Is A Creation And Not That Pre-made Mix Stuff!!

Joanie A

I need to get out more often! I had no idea there was a drink called Spank the Monkey. Is that for real? And if so, what is it?
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

REALLY love Carmen at the Tamarijn! She is the true spirit of the Aruban people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast