Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: best dessert

best dessert

I did a bunch of searching to see if this was already covered.

Before I post anything I search. Basically because I live in fear that my question will be met with a plethora of links from past posts where people asked the same question as I am asking

Two questions...

1) I know we all have our favorite restaurants but what about deserts. What is the best places to get desert?

2) My wife and I disagree on this one...We are usually way way to full after an amazing dinner to think about desert. But my wife LOVES desert. How do people feel about going to a place just to sit down to have desert and coffee? Does it matter or are you occupying a table just for a possible $15 bill.

thanks in advance!

Ahhhhhh, dessert.

Well, you might consider stopping in to Huchada Bakery in Santa Cruz.

Here's my blog post from a while back:

http://bentpage.net/2008/08/13/hucha...teleria-aruba/

Great pastry and bread here.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

If I remember correctly from your posts you will be dining at the Sunset Grille? Try their Molten Chocolate Soufflé and their Chocolate Decadence Cake.

At Chalet Suisse there is their famous Toblerone Chocolate fondue or Apple Strudel.

At Amadeus there is the Fresh strawberries and cream

We're in the same boat about being stuffed after an amazing dinner. I would stop and buy something @ Huchada during the day and having it with a glass of champagne late @ night on the beach.
    Unfortunately looking @ menus the only dessert I can have is creme brulee. I'm thinking of going late @ night on our eat in nights for a dish and a glass of champagne, they will work for me.
    Enjoy

Forgot about the Crystal Tear Drop at Soenchi.

Speaking from experience though I would NOT go there just to eat dessert. Evidently it is frowned upon or at least that was the experience we had .
    You place your order for all three courses together including dessert. Dd wanted to go to this restaurant specifically for the "Tear Drop"!

After we finished our meal, the time came for dessert and the waiter said that their freezer had a melt down and they had no more "Tear Drops". Gee, that was pretty strange since only 5 minutes before they served one to a table that had only been seated for a total of 10 minutes and obviously only there for dessert.

We were confused since the order was taken all at once for our meal, would not one of the “Tear Drops” have been held aside for our order? Was it given away instead to this other party which walked in right before it was time for our dessert?

Anyway, long story short they gave us a "rain check" which dd went back for to collect.
    When the hostess found out we were not there for dinner and only the rain check, she directed us to the bar and made to feel VERY uncomfortable.

Hopefully it was a one time experience.

I don't often order desert but when I do I want it to be special. Amadeus had the most amazing Dutch apple pie. It's richer than an American version. They may have used brown sugar. I can imagine stopping there and sitting at the bar for desert. The place I would avoid for desert is Windows. Their deconstructed brownies and ice cream were a huge disappointment. Barely a half of a brownie cut in cubes with a tablespoon of ice cream in the far corner of the plate.

We do this several times in our 2+ weeks in Aruba. We usually have a dinner or 2 at Matthews but when we don't we will stop in for dessert. Their profiteroles are great!!!

Aruba since 1979
    we've stopped into MJs for specialty coffee and different sweet and sinful desserts.......usually something topped with ice cream.

usually after 9 pm

Aruba since 1979
    Yum Yum Yum
    good photo explorer!
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer213 View Post
    We do this several times in our 2+ weeks in Aruba. We usually have a dinner or 2 at Matthews but when we don't we will stop in for dessert. Their profiteroles are great!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best dessert-22444-dsc02951.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    remember RUMBAS restaurant?
    the "Mousse Mice?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast