Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Best Italian food

Love the new avatar act!

I've heard great things about Anna Maria's, but have never been there myself. Anna Maria's Menu
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Some regions of Italy call it gravy.
    My Italian friends family call it sauce.
    Sunday gravy in our house is white, you put sausage in it and have serve it over biscuits for breakfast and it is amazing...lol.

Does anyone know the answer to Act's question about what they call gravy/sauce in Aruba?

"Please enjoy your spaghetti a la creme de cacao".

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Sunday gravy in our house is white, you put sausage in it and have serve it over biscuits for breakfast and it is amazing...lol.

Does anyone know the answer to Act's question about what they call gravy/sauce in Aruba?

Thanks, Jacki. I'm starting a movement in Canada to refer to gravy and pasta sauce as "margarita".

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Love the new avatar act!

I've heard great things about Anna Maria's, but have never been there myself. Anna Maria's Menu

Aruba since 1979
    They call it pasta sauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Still partial to Sole Mare.....and yes, my Mother called it gravy, nothing like that smell coming from the kitchen on Sunday morning. My father would head out to the bakery and pick up the still hot loaves of Italian bread and semolina and we would "dip" all day until dinner. And dinner was always at 3:00 on Sunday, that's because you didn't eat lunch, just 3 loaves of bread and gravy ...... that explains alot !!!!
    Last edited by TEAMARUBA; 10-19-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Gravy has meat in it. If you're Italian and you are simmering a pot all day on Sunday there is meat in it and it is gravy. There is no such thing as white gravy lol Brown gravy is called brown gravy

Solanio has had some great reviews. They now offer homemade Limoncello! and a Limoncell martini! My mouth is watering at 9am! From our homepage: Solanio
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

This is actually an interesting topic - we don't generally eat Italian food in Aruba... too dense and I think we associate it more with winter. But I did make baked ziti with sausage in "margarita" one night to have the neighbours over so... it might be an aversion to restaurant Italian as it rarely measures up to homemade.

Aruba since 1979
    Here in Fla gravy is white ( for sausage and biscuits ) or brown for meat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Gravy has meat in it. If you're Italian and you are simmering a pot all day on Sunday there is meat in it and it is gravy. There is no such thing as white gravy lol Brown gravy is called brown gravy

Solanio has had some great reviews. They now offer homemade Limoncello! and a Limoncell martini! My mouth is watering at 9am! From our homepage: Solanio

I just asked my pure Aruban friend what they call the gravy/sauce on pasta. The answer is that in Papiamento they call it 'saus' The same as in Dutch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast