Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Best Italian food on the island?

Best Italian food on the island?

My trip is fast approaching and I think we are going to have Italian on our first night there. We will be staying in the high rise section. Any recommendations? I have been told Giannis or Azzurro, but the reviews are not fully amazing.

Also, I was thinking Passions on the beach for one night, and screaming eagle for another.

Not trying to go to far away from the high rise to eat. Yemanja does look mighty tempting. ;]

We are not fans of the small dining experiences like 2 bulls etc.

Also, is food poisoning a common problem in aruba? Worries me

Thanks!
    Last edited by Aruba1st; 06-02-2017 at 08:30 PM.

My favorite Italian food on the island is at Solanio at the Ritz. Excellent food and even better service. We dine there 3 or 4 times each trip its so good. Sitting outside watching the sunset is nice. They typically have live soft music outside as well.

Aruba since 1979
    Soliano, AnnaMarias and Terraza Italiano for very good italian. (Sole Mare, Giannis and Azzurro ...which are all good)
    Sadly, there is no excellent Italian that I have heard of.

Barefoot is another restaurant similar to Passions that you might want to consider.

Very rarely do i hear of food poisoning.........however i had an acute episode in November of HORRIBLE GI illness that lasted for 72 hrs.
    I was weak and very ill and did seek medical care.
    My husband ate the same exact thing as I and was not sick.
    I doubted food poisoning, but that was the medical diagnosis.
    Don't let it worry you.

Yemanja is wonderful indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba1st View Post
    My trip is fast approaching and I think we are going to have Italian on our first night there. We will be staying in the high rise section. Any recommendations? I have been told Giannis or Azzurro, but the reviews are not fully amazing.

Also, I was thinking Passions on the beach for one night, and screaming eagle for another.

Not trying to go to far away from the high rise to eat. Yemanja does look mighty tempting. ;]

We are not fans of the small dining experiences like 2 bulls etc.

Also, is food poisoning a common problem in aruba? Worries me

Thanks!

We only had pizza while in Aruba, no Italian dishes. It was very good and light if pizza can be light.

We all enjoyed our meal at Yemanja but, the meal ended with a very large bug on the table. So, not sure I could get one family member to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan&Sunshine View Post
    We only had pizza while in Aruba, no Italian dishes. It was very good and light if pizza can be light.

We all enjoyed our meal at Yemanja but, the meal ended with a very large bug on the table. So, not sure I could get one family member to go back.
    Oh no!!!

Did the bug eat that much?

The bug was having a snack on a bread plate. It enjoyed some crumbs and caused a bit of paralysis when spotted. I tried to make light of it but, was not successful.

Aruba since 1979
    well, i am a bit skeeved out.
    maybe it came from the outside.

did u mention the bug's presence to the waitstaff or manager?

The bug was having a snack on a bread plate. It enjoyed some crumbs and caused a bit of paralysis when spotted. I tried to make light of it but, was not successful.
    Ugh, terrible, but unfortunately bugs love food too!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I must say that I really did enjoy La Terraza Italiano the food was excellent. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast