Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Best Italian food on the island?

Andrea, I didn't mention anything. I probably should have but I didn't give it a lot of thought at the time. I wasn't sure if this kind of creepy crawly was a normal thing for Aruba. It was the end of the meal and we were set to leave after paying the bill. The short side of the table was up against the wall. I tried to shoo it for the person who was frozen. It scurried (perhaps in the wall) and at that point sitting there was no longer an option. I am sure it had friends.

Of course someone had to google the bug to research.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    well, i am a bit skeeved out.
    maybe it came from the outside.

did u mention the bug's presence to the waitstaff or manager?

Well I'm here now and Gianni's was by far the worst food I've had one the island. The calamari was simply tasteless and disgusting. My entree was the chef special of lobster ravioli that was just ok. A few pieces. Didn't ask for price but ended up being 49 per plate. My fault for not asking

Passions was good. Dushi was good. Amore pizza was good. Sopranos piano was great

Apparently I won a free trip from a scratch off but thought it was bs so I didn't take it lol then I heard maybe it was real from divi

Madame Janettes and screaming eagle is next
    Last edited by Aruba1st; 06-09-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Please keep us posted on your search for "The Best Italian Food in Aruba". We have had some great fish, drinks and hard rolls in Aruba, but never a great bagel, pizza or Italian food compared to New York Area. Just our opinion.
    Sean and Susan

Aruba since 1979
    Pizza & More in the Orange Plaza is pretty terrific!
    excellent Pizza.
    the owner is Mimma, a lovely italian lady that also has a restaurant upstairs on the deck at Paradise Beach Villas.

i have not heard much chatter about either the places of late.

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Please keep us posted on your search for "The Best Italian Food in Aruba". We have had some great fish, drinks and hard rolls in Aruba, but never a great bagel, pizza or Italian food compared to New York Area. Just our opinion.
    Sean and Susan

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    People have been raving about Italy in the World downtown. We haven't tried it yet. It is on a side street, across from Renaissance Ocean Suites. We've walked past it many times. It is very small.

it all has to do with the water.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I dined at "Italy in the World" this past Kings Day. It was up the hill from the Ren Ocean Suites where I was staying; by the Parliament Bldg. I had the front desk at the Ren to make me a reservation (I was solo on this trip). Reservation was not necessary as I was the only diner there. It was the smallest restaurant I have ever been to. There was only 2 regular tables that sat 2 persons each and a high top table that sat 6 persons.

As an appetizer I ordered the house salad ($19). It was a big enough for 2. I only had a few bites as I didn't like the house dressing. Entrée was Scalopine in wine and parsley ($23). I'm used to Veal Scalopine. I didn't but should have asked the owner what kind of meat it was but it sure didn't look like veal; looked more like beef. It wasn't to my liking. Overall I wasn't impressed with the meal except for the pasta. The pasta and sauce was delicious. I might go back in the future just for their pasta; it was that good. Total bill was $43.47 including 3.5% taxes. No service charge added.

Best Italian food on the island?-img_1269.jpgBest Italian food on the island?-img_1273.jpgBest Italian food on the island?-img_1274.jpgBest Italian food on the island?-img_1276.jpgBest Italian food on the island?-img_1277.jpg

Last Thursday (6/8), we had dinner at the Italian place at the California Lighthouse (I can't remember the name). The reviews are all over the board, hit and miss is the common theme. Our meal was excellent and the service was great, so perhaps they are turning the corner??

Aruba since 1979
    i think that LaTrattoria has turned the corner.

the only thing many raved about over the years was the sunsets and cocktails.

we had been there many years ago and the meal was only mediocre.
    we were very disappointed.

i hope they continue to be good!!!

QUOTE=Sidefly;317960]Last Thursday (6/8), we had dinner at the Italian place at the California Lighthouse (I can't remember the name). The reviews are all over the board, hit and miss is the common theme. Our meal was excellent and the service was great, so perhaps they are turning the corner??[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12