Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best Italian on the island-IMO Anna-Maria

Aruba since 1979
    thanks leaky
    so many folks are giving rave reviews!

Casa Tua In renaissance Market Place had pretty good Italian food.

One other thing to note - Christian and Anna are incredibly generous. I've known them for a while - they annually support my cancer foundation with an all expenses paid meal for two, nothing barred, within an Aruba auction package. Yet another reason to support a terrific Aruban restaurant.

Another note - unfortunately, they will be leaving the island on vacation for I believe 1 month beginning July 10 - hopefully you don't miss them. Fortunately we will be there just before they leave!

After reading all this I really wanted to go. Wife called down to concierge at Surf Club to ask for directions and information.. They indicated they were not allowed to comment on Anna-Maria's. Not sure what the deal is. Are they not certified or is there a $$ game?
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    does the concierge at the surf club make comments and or recommendations on other restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by thadius65 View Post
    After reading all this I really wanted to go. Wife called down to concierge at Surf Club to ask for directions and information.. They indicated they were not allowed to comment on Anna-Maria's. Not sure what the deal is. Are they not certified or is there a $$ game?

Eagle Beach Savenetta Palm Beach Countryside of island

Smile Info on Anna Maria's restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    You can email Chris (the owner) at aranopas@hotmail.com

We have a reservation there on July 12 and I can't wait to try it as there have been so many rave reviews on the bb. I don't believe he has a web site as the restaurant is literally in his backyard. He will send directions when he confirms your reservation and they are only a 5-10 minute drive from the Marriott/ Hi Rise area. His full info is:

Chris Saponara.
    "ANNA-MARIA'S AUTENTICO RISTORANTE ITALIANO"
    Kamay 25-M, Noord
    ARUBA - D.W.I.
    (297)586.2833
    (297)592.3857 mobile
    (297)586.2738 fax

Thanks Jeff very much for this information. We will be going in early August and look forward to trying this restaurant and will make reservations soon for this. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by thadius65 View Post
    Apparently, the concierge will push the restaurants in their big brown books. The restaurants (as I am told) pay a fee to have their places listed so the concierge must "suggest" these first.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks Randi. I'm not surprised by your info about the concierge at the Surf Club. We have always found the concierge at the SC to be pretty useless-that's if you can even find her. We keep reminding ourselves that this really isn't a hotel, but you would think they could at least provide some info like a phone #. I try to set up our dinners in advance of our trip through the web and this time actually called Wacky Wahoo from NJ to get a reservation. I'll mention this to Chris at Anna Maria's when we eat there in 2 weeks and maybe he can address this with the hotels.

Aruba since 1979

i hope what randi relayed to us is not the norm, but i suspect it could be.
    unfortunate indeed as some of these newer smaller places are not in a position to grease palms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Apparently, the concierge will push the restaurants in their big brown books. The restaurants (as I am told) pay a fee to have their places listed so the concierge must "suggest" these first.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

i hope what randi relayed to us is not the norm, but i suspect it could be.
    unfortunate indeed as some of these newer smaller places are not in a position to grease palms.
    And that's another reason why this BB is so great. We all get the chance to spread the word about new places and services we find and maybe help out some of the smaller guys who don't have a marketing budget.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast