Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Best pumpkin soup?

  1. #1
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202

    Best pumpkin soup?

    DW wants to try pumpkin soup next trip. Is there a difference in this soup from place to place, or is it all the same? I know from experience that you can get great and bad clam chowder and lobster bisque depending on the restaurant. Who serves the best in your opinion?

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,938
    i do.

    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    DW wants to try pumpkin soup next trip. Is there a difference in this soup from place to place, or is it all the same? I know from experience that you can get great and bad clam chowder and lobster bisque depending on the restaurant. Who serves the best in your opinion?

  3. #3
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i do.
    LOL. Do you make it in Aruba? If so, when?

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,938
    hahaha nope but we brought some frozen a couple of years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    LOL. Do you make it in Aruba? If so, when?

  5. #5
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hahaha nope but we brought some frozen a couple of years ago
    So if you were going to get pumpkin soup at a restaurant on Aruba, what would be your choice? Quite a few years ago we went to a place called Boonoonoonoos for jerked food and it was great. A lady eating pumpkin soup there said it was the best on the island. We were going to try it there on our next trip but they were not there anymore. Don't know why, the food was exceptional and the place was busy when we went.

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,938
    booonooonos was wonderful and that is where i tried it for the first time.
    tabaskos had wonderful pumpkin soup too.

    sadly both of those places are closed.

    my new favorite soup is garlic soup at Barneys.

    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    So if you were going to get pumpkin soup at a restaurant on Aruba, what would be your choice? Quite a few years ago we went to a place called Boonoonoonoos for jerked food and it was great. A lady eating pumpkin soup there said it was the best on the island. We were going to try it there on our next trip but they were not there anymore. Don't know why, the food was exceptional and the place was busy when we went.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,503
    I saw this on facebook today about a restaurant I have never heard of that will have pumpkin soup as part of a special menu on Oct 31. It's called De Suikertuin.
    https://m.facebook.com/suikertuin/ph...993844/?type=3
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO