Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Best steak on island?

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    OMG AndyM..... I'm on the island now and the 22oz rib eye is back.... I saw it on the Sunset Grille menu last night in the Radisson lobby..... I'm in for Monday night!
    100 % certified American Black Angus beef served with a
    choice of aromatic butter, chimichurri sauce, peppercorn sauce or béarnaise.

I didn't know cow's fly. Maybe pink hippo's but cow's??? LOL

A few years ago, when there was a different chef at Sunset Grille, we found out that their U.S. beef was from a small town in Minnesota where my husband grew up (about 3 hours south of Minneapolis). We thought it was funny that we were sitting in Aruba eating filet mignon from Minnesota. Not sure if they still get their U.S. beef from there or not - it's been awhile since we've eaten at Sunset Grille (we followed the chef to greener pastures - pun intended. )
    ~Amy~® - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Daniels....
    we would starve if we waited for things to grow or be raised here!
    Scotts Brats
    Playa Linda Resort
    facebook - Legends Pub Aruba
    legendspubaruba.com
    Legends Pub

I don't want to be a killjoy, but my last two trips to the Radisson's Sunset Grille were a bit disappointing (just a bit, certainly not bad) for the price. If you go for the rib eye, please be careful when you order. I found them to overcook a bit versus what I am used to and that was the main cause of my problem.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    El Gaucho has the best steak hands down!

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    I don't want to be a killjoy, but my last two trips to the Radisson's Sunset Grille were a bit disappointing (just a bit, certainly not bad) for the price. If you go for the rib eye, please be careful when you order. I found them to overcook a bit versus what I am used to and that was the main cause of my problem.
    And that is why you need to follow the chef (who left Sunset Grille a few years ago). Once he left we never returned to Sunset Grille because (our opinion) it wasn't as good....so now we go to Pago Pago.
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 06-28-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    ~Amy~® - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    And that is why you need to follow the chef (who left Sunset Grille a few years ago). Once he left we never returned to Sunset Grille because (our opinion) it wasn't as good....so now we go to Pago Pago.
    We always had great meals at Pago Pago but haven't been in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    We always had great meals at Pago Pago but haven't been in a couple of years.
    Chef Matt (formerly of Sunset Grille) revamped the menu at Pago Pago a couple of years ago and we love his food there! Excellent appetizers (love the ropa vieja of duck and the crab cake with green apple salad) - I usually get the ahi tuna (my fave) or the miso glaze sea bass and my husband usually gets one of their steaks (filet mignon or the churrasco). Only thing lacking is a bit of atmosphere - looks like your typical hotel restaurant. We usually don't like chain hotel restaurants but we've made an exception with Pago Pago.

We live in Texas so we're kind of picky about BBQ and beef. We don't order ocean fish here in Dallas because it's not fresh. When we go to Florida we get Grouper, Lobster in Maine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast