Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Best Steak on the Island

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Posts
    73

    Best Steak on the Island

    Hi there! Me again, hoping to start a spirited discussion about meats. I'll preface this by saying I'm a 99%-er, meaning that 99% of the time I do not eat meat. The other 1% of the time, I'm in Aruba and can be found breaking all sorts of dietary restrictions (my own) with whoever will sling a piece of beef the size of my forearm (I'm 230 lbs, so...) at me. I'm hoping to start a spirited debate here.

    Which restaurant has the best steak on the island?

    Since I'm starting this, I'll cast my vote (though not nearly as experienced as you all) for El Gaucho.

  2. #2
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,898
    Had a wonderful ribeye at Quiinta del Carman..... peppered tenderloin at Screaming Eagle..... Cowboy Ribeye at Sunset Grille and some wonderful cuts at Madame J's.... best....? Gotta try them all again to make a decision.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,860
    My husband used to swear by El Gaucho. Last trip we didn't even go there. He said the steak wasn't as good anymore, but this year he wants to return and give them another shot.

    All of my boys think Texas de Brazil has the best Filet Mignon with Chalet Suisse a close 2nd on the filet.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,937
    my favorite is Madame Janette's - Madame’s famous Burgerloin
    Our Prime Tenderloin, cut in two halves and filled with Sautéed Onions, Mushrooms and Cheese. Topped with our Sauce Béarnaise

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Posts
    73
    A lot of good options so far. I had never heard of the Burgerloin before. That sounds delightful.

    I told my wife I posted this, and she pointed out that my favorite thing at El Gaucho ISN'T actually steak. She is, of course, absolutely right (as always). The Argentine Mixed Grill platter there is out of this world.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my favorite is Madame Janette's - Madame’s famous Burgerloin
    Our Prime Tenderloin, cut in two halves and filled with Sautéed Onions, Mushrooms and Cheese. Topped with our Sauce Béarnaise
    I wonder if they would make this without the meat? Or maybe with chicken? Sounds delish.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,937
    i bet if you sent them a note asking about it they would do it!
    kasi and his chefs are super accommodating. have you ever had the almond encrusted grouper at MJs?
    it is beyond belief.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I wonder if they would make this without the meat? Or maybe with chicken? Sounds delish.

  8. #8
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    I don't always order steak in Aruba but the best one I ever had was the NY Strip at Sunset Grille.

    DW and I had a fantastic chateaubriand at Chalet Suisse but that's not really a steak.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i bet if you sent them a note asking about it they would do it!
    kasi and his chefs are super accommodating. have you ever had the almond encrusted grouper at MJs?
    it is beyond belief.

    Not a fish eater either. I know, I'm a pain. I did try Grouper for the first time last year at West Deck. I think the "famous Burgerloin" should be done with an eggplant steak! That sounds amazing!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  10. #10
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,778
    The best, and the BEST by far, the filet at the BLT- it was melt in your mouth good....Second place would be Sunset Grille for me.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO