Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30

    Question Best time for reservations

    What time should I make dinner reservations in order to see the sunset at Passions or other outdoor restaurants?
    Next Aruba trip in

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,906
    depending on the time of year
    your best bet is 6:15 to 6:30

    passions is wonderful
    enjoy

    andrea

  3. #3
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,155
    You can get the exact time of sunset on this website. Just put in the month and year. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=689

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,906
    great link liz!!

    so i stand corrected.................
    depending on the time of year between a few minutes after 6 to a few minutes after 7.
    due to the proximity of aruba to the equator there is not much time play in the sunrise and sunset times. just like low and high tides........one barely notices the changing of the tides.

    thanks for the link liz

    andrea

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    You can get the exact time of sunset on this website. Just put in the month and year. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=689
    Thank you Liz. This worked perfectly.
    Next Aruba trip in

  6. #6
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    great link liz!!

    so i stand corrected.................
    depending on the time of year between a few minutes after 6 to a few minutes after 7.
    due to the proximity of aruba to the equator there is not much time play in the sunrise and sunset times. just like low and high tides........one barely notices the changing of the tides.

    thanks for the link liz

    andrea
    ...AND the sun sets very quickly in Aruba!!! Sunset here in Georgia is not unt 8:48 p.m. tonight. LOVE the daylight!!!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30
    I also like the looooong spring & summer days here in Georgia. That's probably going to be one thing that I'll miss from home.
    Next Aruba trip in

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sgroi135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Beach!
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by elizmed View Post
    I also like the looooong spring & summer days here in Georgia. That's probably going to be one thing that I'll miss from home.
    I just made my reservations for Passions. I made them for 6:30 since sunset is around 7:10 in July.



    Can't Wait!!!
    Decided to take down my timer!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jarubian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Renaissance Hotel, Baby Beach
    Posts
    469
    Thanks Liz it helps me for September so I know how much time I have with the sun and relax at the pool or beach.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    ...AND the sun sets very quickly in Aruba!!! Sunset here in Georgia is not unt 8:48 p.m. tonight. LOVE the daylight!!!
    That's the big down side to going to Aruba in the summer for me. I miss the long, late summer days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO