Spend a wonderful day with family and friends on January 25, Betico Croes Day. Museums, art galleries and other cultural institutions will open their doors from 10 am – 2 pm to enjoy the history, culture and arts of Aruba.
This is the second year that two museums and the Rancho Foundation joined forces to bring Aruba’s heritage and history to the island’s people.
On Weststraat, the Rancho exposition will will be held specially dedicated to the late Mr. Sint Jago with the patio beautified by Santa Rosa and typical Aruban food on sale.
The Archeological Museum of Aruba will have an Open House not only of its exposition halls but of its offices, artifacts storage and laboratory, and preserved historical buildings.
Historical Museum in Fort Zoutman will create a wonderful ambiance for its visitors with a mini-Bon Bini Festival with music, folkloric show, souvenirs and local food and drink on sale. The historic tower of Fort Zoutman will be open for those who would like to climb up for a special view of Oranjestad.
Ateliers ’89 will open a new exposition of the works of photographer Rem van den Bosch and artista Nicole Bianchet. It will screen a video called MODA featuring the latest in fashion as well as view a multi-disciplined exposition called Me Myself and I. Angel Wernet will provide the traditional music of the “caha de orgel”, Betto Faro will have a coconut wáter stand, and the works of Melissa Richardson and other talented Aruban artists will be on display.
UNOCA, located at Stadionweg 21 behind the Cas di Cultura, will also be open for those who wish to view the exposition halls that house its own collection as well as that of Sticusa. There will be books on sale and various activities such as book Reading, storytelling, games for children and much more.
Next door to UNOCA, Studio O of contemporary Artist Osaira Muyale will also open on this special day providing an opportunity to visit the studio, café and inspiring art gallery..
The invitation is extended to all the people of Aruba to enjoy all these cultural opportunities on this special day.