Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Big Mamas Grill @ Baby Beach - Absolutely terrible!

Big Mamas Grill @ Baby Beach - Absolutely terrible!

I typically don't leave negative reviews, but this one is a must as it was the only low point of our trip.

We were served raw meatballs and chicken, the service was subpar at best (The servers just looked like they didn't give a s*it about anything). After pointing out that the meatballs were raw, they took them back to recook and came back just as raw. The drink orders took over 30 min to get to the table and after all that, the manager offered to subtract $7 from our $129 bill because that was the cost of the hamburger patty that was used for the meatballs. I refused to bay the bill because I really didn't think that a $7 discount was fair or appropriate and managed to get 50% off the entire bill.

So for what it's worth, do whatever it takes but avoid this dump of a restaurant.

Aruba since 1979
    oh boy

terrible is not a strong enough word for what you endured.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonAK View Post
    I typically don't leave negative reviews, but this one is a must as it was the only low point of our trip.

We were served raw meatballs and chicken, the service was subpar at best (The servers just looked like they didn't give a s*it about anything). After pointing out that the meatballs were raw, they took them back to recook and came back just as raw. The drink orders took over 30 min to get to the table and after all that, the manager offered to subtract $7 from our $129 bill because that was the cost of the hamburger patty that was used for the meatballs. I refused to bay the bill because I really didn't think that a $7 discount was fair or appropriate and managed to get 50% off the entire bill.

So for what it's worth, do whatever it takes but avoid this dump of a restaurant.

Not surprised. It was inedible when we were there a couple of years ago and the service was terrible. And the washrooms were like that scene from"Star Wars" set in the trash compactor.
    Last edited by act1966; 04-30-2017 at 02:04 PM.

I have honestly never read anything good about this place.

We won't go there again after our last trip. It's overpriced and the service feels like they are phoning it in, with the exception of one waiter who did seem to be trying to make up for the others. If you need to buy something to use the restroom, their fruit punch was the only good thing about the place. I'd rather go nearby to Rum and Reef at Rogers Beach.

We agree. We always stop at Rum Reef when we go to that end of the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We won't go there again after our last trip. It's overpriced and the service feels like they are phoning it in, with the exception of one waiter who did seem to be trying to make up for the others. If you need to buy something to use the restroom, their fruit punch was the only good thing about the place. I'd rather go nearby to Rum and Reef at Rogers Beach.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Still cant figure out the Flintstones costumes and theme there. We only gets drinks there to use the bathroom. Thanks to this forum reviews we never ate there. Last year 2 couples by us complained about the food. We were smiling knowing we had a heads up.
    Sean and Susan

Sadly, I have never heard a good review of this place either.

ETA - It could be SUCH a gem in an awesome location. I wish they would put a little more effort into it.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Isnt this place owned by the same people that operate Barneys?

Aruba since 1979
    oh god, really??!!

i know that the owners of the now closed AMADEUS are the same as the food/beverage at DePalm Island.
    (which is why over the last few years the DePalm food has improved significantly)

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Isnt this place owned by the same people that operate Barneys?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast