Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Wink Barracuda fish, Mmmmm

This ones for you guys,
    Yesterday evening I was taking a photo of 12 guests dining for a birthday experience and while I was there I heard a guest loudly exclaim to the waiter " How can you serve baracuda, its a terrible fish" so I approached the man and said sir have you tried baracudda, he said "NO WAY." I then asked if I ask the chef to prepare a small portion would you like to try it. He must of felt bad because he was so loud and obnoxious, so he agreed on trying it.
    Thats all it took, one bite and the man ordered 2 fillets and could not stop raving about it. My husband had to laugh because as he was seating 4 guests the loud obnoxious guest was louder and stopped the guests and said "mark my word, order the barracuda it compares 10 to 1 to grouper."
    Unfortunatly it was 9pm and we were all fresh out of Barracuda. The loud guest is now returning tonight to eat more of what he never wanted.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

That is too funny (although the part about him being loud and obnoxious isn't. ) People need to try new things....they don't know what they're missing if they keep eating the same old stuff!

He is right about one thing....Barracuda is MUCH better than Grouper any day.

Barracuda and Wahoo - my two favorites in Aruba! If they are "catch of the day" at any restaurant, then I am done looking at the menu!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I never tried barracuda. Looks like I will need to sample that on my return trip along with my lobster bisque of course.

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    HMMM,,, now im hungry...
    never tried barracuda and its definitely on my list now! Thank you!

Angela, thanks so much on your writing, was unsure myself to make a visit to your restaurant, but than my conversations with arubamark convinced me to try it, so i have a reservation already on tues. 11/18 @ 7, was thinking of making Buccaneer my 1st nite stop also (11/12) , love certain seafood, i have to say the Barracuda does not seem appealing, might get brave enough to give it a try. Thanks again to both u and mark.

Well to all you newbies, welcome to Aruba, home away from home for many of us. When I first came to Aruba 12 years ago I was very skeptical about fish because I love Sole & grouper. Then I tried Barracuda and that's it, I make it every other way and it's mouthwatering. My favorite is in menuire sauce and cajun. If any of you never tried barracuda then please ask your waiter for the chef to make a piece to try (on the house). I promise you won't be sorry. One catch though my friends, it's not all the time the fisherman bring in baracuda, we have 3 seperate fishermen who deliver and it is a must at our restaurant but sometimes they don't get lucky and bring in Wahoo, Amber jack, Red Snapper, shark, ect...
    Kathy I will be meeting you on 11/18 at 7pm. We will have to make sure to put you in the newspaper as well.
    Have a safe trip and welcome home, paradise that is....
    Enjoy
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Angela, thanks so much on your writing, was unsure myself to make a visit to your restaurant, but than my conversations with arubamark convinced me to try it, so i have a reservation already on tues. 11/18 @ 7, was thinking of making Buccaneer my 1st nite stop also (11/12) , love certain seafood, i have to say the Barracuda does not seem appealing, might get brave enough to give it a try. Thanks again to both u and mark.
    I'm jealous! Can you overnight me a piece of the barracuda & bisque? I guess I will have to wait until April. Enjoy Kathy have a great trip!!

Angela, Thanks again I look forward to meeting with you.

Arubamark, will def. ask the chef to make a piece for me to try, unsure if I'm that brave yet to order as a meal, however, will wash it down with a Balashi, will let you know how it was.

Sounds like a plan! Please let me know what you think! Enjoy!

I felt uncomfortable when I have been reading this thread. My husband who owned a resturant in the states sold his business and they also stole his entire menu which was not part of the agreement.
    This happens all the time - cooks come and go. It's like any other job - you get experience and go to another job or strike out on your own. The food industry is no different.

I'm just feeling uneasy about this because we are only hearing one side of the story. It's sad that when Harold left it was taken to heart. But I have left computer consulting jobs and people have taken it to heart but there was more opportunity for me in another job and better pay. I don't think the food business is known for great pay as cook. At least in the US, they don't pay that great unless you are working for yourself which again is just like other industries.

Just my 2 cents - I don't think Harold is on the boards and it doesn't seem fair to post something of this nature on the board.
    Whatever went on b/w those 2 sounds emotionally packed and really not any of our business.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast