Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

View Poll Results: How was your dining experience at the Buccaneer?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Was it a special occasion?

0 0%
  • Did you have reservations?

1 100.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Buccaneer is BEST!!

We highly recommend dinner at the Buccaneer restaurant! It was a new discovery for our family 2 years ago and is on our MUST visit list. We have been traveling to Aruba for 8 years...and our celebration and dinner in 2008 was the best! See the article below which appeared in Aruba Today! about our visit. If you are looking for atmosphere, service, and wonderful food....at a good price...Buccaneer is a MUST! Enjoy!

At Buccaneer Restaurant
    Marcia J celebrates birthday in Aruba with loved ones

NOORD –From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Sunny Aruba the J. Family, C. Family and F. Family enjoy their annual Aruba family vacation.

This is their 8th trip to the Island and they cannot get enough of paradise.
    The families return for many reasons including the weather, the safety of the island, the friendliness of the people and the total relaxation that they experience every visit. They travel alot and purchased a timeshare in Aruba 7 years ago at the Surf Club because they knew then that Aruba was the vacation destination they wanted to have every year. Throughout the years they have made friends with Jesus, Madeleine and Canicio's son Cavin at the Marriott Resort. They take the bus most places to shop down town and visit Sean Paul's Jewelers, to see their favorite jeweler Jai who takes care of all their needs. They love to dine out and regularly leave the resort. They love all the wonderful activities Aruba offers for a family. “Our typical week includes snorkeling for everyone except my husband who dives, fishing - we alternate deep sea and bottom fishing, tubing and banana boating for the kids, octopus hunting & snorkeling with Madeleine, Canicio and Cavin. Parasailing is a must for our family and while we are soaring in the sky we can spot sea turtles. We love to relax on the beach and enjoy the sparkling ocean, enjoying the Marriott resort - and just overall decompressing from our lives at home,” stated Marcia.
    On this vacation Marcia J. celebrated her birthday. It took place at the Buccaneer Restaurant on Thursday November 6, 2008. She was surrounded by her family. This was their second time to the restaurant and they were happy to return. They thank Jesus Z. for suggesting a wonderful restaurant where they can eat fresh seafood and watch Aruba’s treasure in the aquariums. Marcia stated “If we like something - we return”.

Agreed. Just got back from Aruba and our favorite place to eat was the Buccaneer!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hope, hope to get there in april...

Agreed! You all know how I feel about the Buccaneer!

I am confused with this poll though. It's always a special occasion when we go there and we always make reservations b4 we go as well.

When I was there in July I was disappointed by the food and the service was quite poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    When I was there in July I was disappointed by the food and the service was quite poor.
    Sorry to hear about the bad experience Chadd, never one problem with our family in the last 11+ years. Give it another shot next time your on the island, maybe they had some staff call out or something.

Guys, i was honestly SUPER EXCITED to go here. The decor is really cool; has this old captain Ahab feel to it. The waiter was nice and was trying to be funny but I didnt get all the jokes, but that is probably my fault.

The most important part....the food. We had fresh clams, escargot, and lobster bisque for appetizers. We were hungry and didnt have lunch yesterday. After a whole day of kitesurfing in waves i could have eaten a horse or a shark. The clams were good and the escargot was good as well. The lobster bisque was very rich in flavor but under inspection i found that there was real and immitiation lobster/crab in the bisque. You know the one they sell at the supermaket that is red/white and a bit strandy like polly-o cheese.

For main course my wife got the lobster tail thomadore and i got the land and sea. Hers was exceptional. Mine was the complete opposite. I asked for the sirloin to be medium rare and at parts it was but at others it was brown and like rubber. In the cook's defense the meat was not totally consistent in thickness. I am a steak buff back in NYC and i can tell you the meat wasnt that great of of a quality or cut. The shrimp were OK but a bit dry and i am fairly certain were not fresh but frozen. The fish was pretty good.

All in all it was nice to see the decorations but I would not go back here.

We too were disappointed the last time we were there. The service was good, prices reasonable, food just fare. We'll give it another try tho as it has treated us well in past years.
    ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
    NancyG
    ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Buccaneer

Has anyone been here lately? Just wondering if it is still really good.

Quote Originally Posted by kal0721 View Post
    Has anyone been here lately? Just wondering if it is still really good.
    I was there in Sept. 2008 - great 'catch of the day' (barracuda) and both service and prices were good as well. Will probably be back next month again.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast