Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Buccaneer or Driftwood

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.

Buccaneer or Driftwood

Friends of ours just returned from Aruba and went to the Buccaneer. They love it. I just looked at their menu. Reminds me of Driftwood which we always visit when we are in Aruba, maybe a bigger menu. Any feedback from my forum friends?
    9th trip to Aruba in

Aruba since 1979
    buccaneer has a huge menu.
    my husband and i both love it

our favorites are many

barracuda with meneuire (sp) sauce
    seafood paella
    pan fried grouper
    poached grouper with seafood stuffing.

Buccaneer has been around since the 70s and though sort of off the beaten path, it remains to be one of Aruba's long time favorite seafood restaurant.

We love sitting in the dining room on the left with the huge fishtanks.

It too is a great family restaurant as the fish tanks provide much much entertainment for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvec View Post
    Friends of ours just returned from Aruba and went to the Buccaneer. They love it. I just looked at their menu. Reminds me of Driftwood which we always visit when we are in Aruba, maybe a bigger menu. Any feedback from my forum friends?

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Sounds like we are going to have to give it a try! Do they have a lounge / bar area?
    9th trip to Aruba in

Aruba since 1979
    yes a horseshoe bar area in the main entryway lobby

not a big area, but big enough.....large enough for 10 or 12 i am guessing

QUOTE=Chrisvec;240678]Sounds like we are going to have to give it a try! Do they have a lounge / bar area?[/QUOTE]

Nice! Thanks for the feedback Andrea!
    9th trip to Aruba in

Been coming to Aruba for years & for some reason the last few years we haven't gone there. Last week we went & I cannot wait to go back! 3 had tenderloin & I had the lamb! Everything was awesome! The only so-so was the escargot, I've had better. Also Chef's Tables was outstanding!

i think the escargot is excellent, the juices and the bread, mmm
    my first dinner on the island 22 yrs ago, went to the buccaneer, had many cocktails, met some cab drivers at the restaurant, they took my wife and i midnight bowling!!!
    from that night on i loved the island.....

have been to driftwood and the food is always good,,,,,have had barracuda, swordfish, mahi-mahi....
    have never been to buccaneer, keep saying we are going to try it but have always ended up somewhere else.....will make it a priority this year to give it a try !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    While I haven't been to Bucaneer yet I have to say that the Driftwood is great, cheap, and easy for us to walk to from the Rennaissance. They had anniversary specials when we were there at a set price. All worth the walk !
    There doesn't seem to be enuf days to eat at every restaurant we would lilke, but I have heard good things about Bucaneer..

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvec View Post
    Where did you find the menu for buccaneer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast