Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Buster's Sports Bar

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,912

    Buster's Sports Bar

    There has been no mention of Busters now for a month or 2 or more.

    Has anyone been there lately?

  2. #2
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,751
    We were going to go this trip to catch the Pats opening game, but we have heard that Rusty has really let the place go downhill and probably won't stop by. I guess the Trop is the place to go now. Too bad, we really enjoyed Rusty's hospitality, but apparently the place has lost its appeal.

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,912
    that is a shame.

    thanks walt
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We were going to go this trip to catch the Pats opening game, but we have heard that Rusty has really let the place go downhill and probably won't stop by. I guess the Trop is the place to go now. Too bad, we really enjoyed Rusty's hospitality, but apparently the place has lost its appeal.

  4. #4
    Senior Member smoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    254
    Wow, that is really too bad. Rusty is such a great guy and always had so much fun there. We will still go in December.

  5. #5
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    Wow, that is really too bad. Rusty is such a great guy and always had so much fun there. We will still go in December.
    Rusty is a great person and we have always been treated well and have had a lot of fun at his places. Now apparently he is only there maybe one day a week and just doesn't have the fire or desire anymore. It's sad. He has friends here on the island that are concerned for him and Judy. We will also stop by too. When we drove by around lunchtime today, there were only two cars in the parking lot.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38
    there is a new sports bar across the street from occidental where hooters used to be. I think it is called champions went there for pats game last year it was good. Wings and beer specials for game.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    38
    No the name is not champions thinking about marriot but you can't miss it!

  8. #8
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,912
    touchdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by wilkie View Post
    there is a new sports bar across the street from occidental where hooters used to be. I think it is called champions went there for pats game last year it was good. Wings and beer specials for game.

  9. #9
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by wilkie View Post
    there is a new sports bar across the street from occidental where hooters used to be. I think it is called champions went there for pats game last year it was good. Wings and beer specials for game.
    You're thinking of Touchdown. Champions is at the Marriott Ocean Club.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,493
    This is disappointing, we were planning on checking out Busters for our Redskins game this year and maybe to catch a Green Bay game with Scott & Leslie. Guess we'll watch for reviews between now and November.
    As for Touchdown, we went last year and it was fine for a sports bar, but very Americanized experience.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO