Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bye bye Senior Frogs

Say goodbye to Senior Frogs because its closing its doors! In the next couple of weeks the establishment will be no more!

I hear they are going to open a new Senor Frog in front of the Radison hotel.

Yep they sure are :-) I think its going to be Carlos and Charlies though...

You see the reason that Frogs didnt do well in downtown was because of its location. In Aruba the happening place is the hotel distict. South Beach, Busters, Chino, Kokomos and those places really took off. People stopped venturing into downtown. Why pay for a roundtrip taxi ride when you can litterally walk to the hot spots. If it is going to be Frogs and not Carlos it will sure do better in the new area. Like I said before the hot spot and place to be is now in the high rise area. I am not even sure how the new clubs in downtown will end up doing..........

They are closing the one downtown in lieu of the one in the high rise district?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I cant be certain of that. What I know is its either Carlos and Charlies or Senior Frogs thats opening in the high rise area. I do know that the owners of Chinos will now be running the new establishment in the high rise area.

They are not moving because location or because a people can not pay a roundtrip, they are moving because there is a lot of problems going on in that street, drugs, fighting,......... on the street not in the restaurant. I use to work at C & C bouncer before i was driving taxi and they were the only place they were asking for I.D. in that area.

Im not trying to be rude but I do think location has a lot to do with it. Have you been to Senior Frogs in the last year? Everytime I go to it, its dead. When the cruise ships arent in port there are not people there. Even when the cruise ships are in sometimes they arent open or if they are there still arent people in there.

Quote Originally Posted by DushiHeidi View Post
    I cant be certain of that. What I know is its either Carlos and Charlies or Senior Frogs thats opening in the high rise area. I do know that the owners of Chinos will now be running the new establishment in the high rise area.
    When we were there last week, there was a sign for Senor Frogs that will open soon in The Village. By the way, it's Señor Frog's....every time I see "Senior" I think I should have an AARP card to gain entrance. LOL! Not that I'll be going there anyway....we've "been there, done that" too many times to count at numerous Senor Frog's and C&C's throughout MX over the years - we're too old for that now...so maybe there should be a new place called Senior Frog's for us.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by taxidriver View Post
    They are not moving because location or because a people can not pay a roundtrip, they are moving because there is a lot of problems going on in that street, drugs, fighting,......... on the street not in the restaurant. I use to work at C & C bouncer before i was driving taxi and they were the only place they were asking for I.D. in that area.

I also agree that the street is the problem. We heard lots of problems on the street too.

So they are relocating? I hope they can do something to keep the downtown area alive. Although we stay at Palm Beach we still enjoy coming downtown as well.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast