Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Cactus Jack's

Cactus Jack's

Wanted a burger for our first night and Bingo's had no tables except in the smokey bar so we tried Cactus Jack's. Unfortunately they don't serve rare burgers which is what I eat. Disappointed but ordered special ribs with fries. DH's burger comes out and my plate has a baked potato so I ask her to take the potato back but oh no she has to take the whole plate. I guess she was in there waiting for fries to cook because DH was about done his meal before mine came back out. The ribs were inedible as they were tremendously fatty. I know that baby backs are leaner than the other ribs so I expected some fat but these were just loaded with it. Didn't eat my meal and won't return.

We had a similar experience in Mid-January. Food was mediocre at best and service was clueless to put it politely.
    Last edited by kelmarino; 02-02-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo

That WAS polite There were some people standing off to the side that I finally spoke to and told them that they had to plant themselves directly in front of a server to be seated.

In every restaurant there are some days where everything is bad: the waitress, the food, the atmosphere.
    I am a fan of Cactus Jacks and I never experienced a bad meal or bad service. Maybe on the day you were at Cactus Jacks the waitress had some other things in mind. And concerning the food: some people like a bit more fat, others not. Realy no offense, but I realy like Cactus Jacks!

Whenever I have a burger craving I hit Dushi bagels and burgers. Excellent food and the service there has ranged from good to excellent.

That was the second time I've been there and the first was not good either but I figured I might have just hit bad day. To each their own!

Not a fan at all, I had the ribs also and it tasted frozen and horrible. Spend your money at Smokey Joes for ribs.