Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can we walk to Mathilde?

Although not strictly a culinary question, it involves eating! Hubby and I are staying at the Renaissance. On Google Earth, Mathilde looks fairly close to the Renaissance. A nice appetite-building walk there and digestion-enhancing stroll back looks feasible -- but is it? Anyone familiar with the area who can advise? Thanks!

Yes you can its a short walk from the Ren.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    If you are staying at the Marina hotel, go through the mall downstairs and go out the back and make a left. Matilde is a little ways down. If you are at the Ocean Suites, it's about a block to the Marina Hotel. Or you can take the golf cart that runs between the two hotels.

Easy walk to Mathilde and worth it. Food and service are tan bueno! And those changing video screens with the famous works of art on them make it even more interesting. This place strives for and achieves a higher standard.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Matilde is Havenstraat 23 I think. if your hotel is in town, no problem. I am going to Matilde Sept 21. I AM SOOOO Excited about it.......I dont care HOW much it costs.................

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    from the ren marina it's about 3 - 5 minutes from your room to your table depending on how fast you walk..
    scott and tricia

Quote Originally Posted by cavdeb View Post
    Although not strictly a culinary question, it involves eating! Hubby and I are staying at the Renaissance. On Google Earth, Mathilde looks fairly close to the Renaissance. A nice appetite-building walk there and digestion-enhancing stroll back looks feasible -- but is it? Anyone familiar with the area who can advise? Thanks!
    Can we walk to Mathilde?-chez-matilde.jpg

Photo attached. Chez Matilde is in the middle...it's less than 100 feet beyond Renaissance Marina Tower in the back. Too short a walk for "digestion enhancing stroll"....try adjacent jewelry stores for that!

PS...the "I love Aruba" store (see photo) has great Boston Red Sox shirts....
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

We walked it!

Thanks for the help, everyone! We did have dinner at Mathilde on Saturday night (May 17) and we walked there from the Ren, no prob. It was not only delicious, it provided a great laugh. We sat in the Garden room and only about 6 other couples were in the entire restaurant (ah, low season). While Hubby ordered a salad for an appetizer, I ordered my favorite "liquid appetizer" - a Manhattan. Now, I thought this was a pretty standard cocktail. After about 30 minutes, the hostess came to apologize - the bartender personally ran to the liqour store to get Angostura bitters! I was then brought (I think) a vodka martini with a cherry in it. Well, I drank it anyways . Dinner was very good; we ate off of the White Asparagus menu and split a cheese plate for dessert, then had Mathilde coffees. So, moral of story: Unless the island you're on IS Manhattan, order a fu-fu island drink !

cavdeb, I am sitting here and laughing out loud. Very very sweet and excellent customer service in going the extra mile for the ingredients for your drink. Good for you for being so gracious and not complaining about the outcome. There are not many people who would have been as kind.

You have to "go with the flow" in Aruba. I've helped bartenders there....even have gotten behind the bar and mixed drinks.....keep a smile on at all times!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast