Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Canton Overseas

Canton Overseas

While running errands last week on the east side of Oranjestaad, I passed by Canton Overseas, one of those Chinese joints you find tucked in some odd places in Aruba. Having been by it many times I decided it was time to give it a try. There was a pleasant looking Chinese woman working a barbecue out front with real wood charcoal under the grill.

In I go to find several tables, a bar, and a buffet line loaded with roast chicken, ribs, several Chinese dishes, rice and fries. Naturally, I loaded up a couple of plates and sat at the bar. Plain fare but tasty, good, and filling. Two plates of roast chicken with rice, tap water and a Coke to go cost me 21 florins, about 12 to 13 US dollars. Can't beat that.

For photos see:

If you're a frequent visitor and tired of the same old same old, you may want to seek out some of these places. Not all of them are good. This one is as evidenced by the busy trade they do at lunch for sit down and take out meals.

Bon dia.

PS: The young guy at the bar has been teaching me some Chinese (Cantonese) which will come in handy sooner or later.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Thank You for the posting. Your suggestions about the island are very helpful.

SanNic44 . . . we're always looking for those "tucked away" places to try somethinig new - thanks a ton!