Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Carambola

Carambola

Has anyone heard anything about the relatively new restaurant Carambola at the Paradise Villas? I think its where Le Petit used to be.

Last edited by ~Amy~; 08-11-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Thanks Amy - I should have looked their first but I was being lazy!

What great reviews it has received. Where we are staying at La Cabana we'll have to give it a try.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We ate there last Feb. when we were staying at Paradise Beach Villas. They had only been open a few weeks. We thought that the food and the service were both very good. I'm sure we'll eat there again on our next trip.

We ate there last Jan/Feb. when we were staying at Paradise Beach Villas. They had only been open a few weeks. (same as hatteras)

Maybe I'm overly fussy but the peanut soup was not served in a mashed plantain bowl as the menu says or in a bread bowl as it said back then. I got mine in a ceramic bowl. I ordered the tempura shrimp. I got batter dipped and fried shrimp but it was not even close to the light, crisp, airy tempura batter I expected.

I've heard many raves for the breakfast.

We were really hoping it would be a great experience as it's right there where we stay.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    We were really hoping it would be a great experience as it's right there where we stay.
    That's exactly why I was thinking about giving it a try. Hmmm....what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    That's exactly why I was thinking about giving it a try. Hmmm....what to do.
    Give it a try. I was just expressing my opinion. Others like the place. You may too.