Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Carambola

Carambola

I was scrolling through some reviews on tripadvisor and came across a number of positive reviews on Carambola. I had never heard of this restaurant so i'mwondering if anyone has been and what your thoughts are?

We've been there twice since they opened. Great food and service!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    is this the place at PBV, in the space formerly occupied by la petit cafe?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    We've been there twice since they opened. Great food and service!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    is this the place at PBV, in the space formerly occupied by la petit cafe?
    Yes. They offer offer both outdoor, along the quiet road between PBV and LaCabanna, and quite charming indoor dining. We were excited to try this new place early in our stay at PBV last month; how nice to have a highly recommended restaurant just steps away from ones door!
    While we found the staff to be welcoming and the service attentive and pleasant, compared to other places where we ate during our 2 week vacation, the quality of the food we ordered that night was disappointing enough that we did not return, as was our intention. The filet mignon, while cooked nicely, was not very tender, the mushroom/tomato risotto was way more tomato (soupy) than mushroom, and the fisherman's pot soup extremely salty. Could have been an off night, could have been what we chose to eat, but Carambola was not among our favorite restaurants this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by janscaped View Post
    Yes. They offer offer both outdoor, along the quiet road between PBV and LaCabanna, and quite charming indoor dining. We were excited to try this new place early in our stay at PBV last month; how nice to have a highly recommended restaurant just steps away from ones door!
    While we found the staff to be welcoming and the service attentive and pleasant, compared to other places where we ate during our 2 week vacation, the quality of the food we ordered that night was disappointing enough that we did not return, as was our intention. The filet mignon, while cooked nicely, was not very tender, the mushroom/tomato risotto was way more tomato (soupy) than mushroom, and the fisherman's pot soup extremely salty. Could have been an off night, could have been what we chose to eat, but Carambola was not among our favorite restaurants this trip.

We stay at PBV and ate at Carambola soon after it first opened. We too were disappointed in the food. The breakfasts are good.

Thanks for the updates. Guess I'll move it further down my list. Right now I'm leaning towards White Modern and a return trip to Amadeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Thanks for the updates. Guess I'll move it further down my list. Right now I'm leaning towards White Modern and a return trip to Amadeus.
    Even though we had nice dinners at Carambola (I usually get a salad and the seared tuna), I would go to White Modern and Amadeus over Carambola.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018