Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cindyo

Thread: Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival

Aruba since 1979

Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival

http://caribbeanseajazz.com

check this out
    downtown will be BUSY!

We went a few years ago when David Sanborn was performing. What a great time!!! Lots of good food and drink as well as great entertainment. Well worth it!

Aruba since 1979

TSUNAMI will be there :)

Aruba's favorite band!
    Tsunami will perform for the first time at the Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival

Posted by Aruba Daily on September 22nd, 2014
    ARUBA – Tsunami, consisting of 13 Aruban musicians, is one of the most well known bands on the island. The unique blend of Latin, Caribbean and local influences combined with the focus on live instrumentation and their high-energy performance has propelled Tsunami to great levels of success.
    Aruba’s popular 30-man brass band D2U365, which existed from 1994-2003 gave birth to a very promising band: Tsunami. A group of ten key persons in the brass band wanted to change the music they were making. They started looking at different alternatives and influences that would blend into a unique style that Aruba has never seen or heard before. Their objective was to create a band that would look, sound, and basically do everything in a way it had never been done in Aruba before. The concept of Tsunami took about two years to crystallize and was officially launched in January of 2004.
    Over the past decade Tsunami has become a strong brand with a large following. The band performs at a variety of stages and locations all over the island of Aruba, as well as other Caribbean islands. Every year Tsunami also is one of the loyal performing bands, playing live for days in a row during the annual carnival celebrations in Aruba, one of the biggest island events.
    Most of the time you will see this band wearing white, reflecting the purity of the energy that they put in each performance. They also perform barefoot to reflect their humbleness and their connection with the world around them. Tsunami uses extravagant percussion instruments coming from various corners of the world including Africa, Brazil and Cuba.
    Tsunami is a name that represents purity (of water) and strength and energy (of the wave). Their music and performance is pure, coming straight from the heart. Tsunami will perform for the first time at the Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival, so be aware – the strength and energy of their performance is contagious!

- See more at: http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/tsu....1c6O5XDV.dpuf

Aruba since 1979
    A terrific event...........

Aruba since 1979
    Candy Dulfer @ Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival Aruba 2014

Posted by Aruba Daily on October 3rd, 2014
    Candy Dulfer (45) is a popular Dutch smooth jazz alto saxophonist. She started to play saxophone at the age of six. Her debut album Saxuality (1990) received a Grammy Award nomination. She has performed and recorded songs with renowned musicians, such as her father, famous saxophonist Hans Dulfer, Prince, Dave Stewart, Pink Floyd, Van Morrison and Maceo Parker.
    In 1982, when she was twelve years old, she played as a member of Rosa King’s Ladies Horn section at the North Sea Jazz Festival in The Hague. According to Dulfer, King encouraged her to become a band leader herself. In 1984, at the age of fourteen, Dulfer started her own band Funky Stuff. In 1987, the band performed as opening act at two concerts of Madonna’s European tour. In 1988, Funky Stuff was booked as the supporting act for three Prince concerts in the Netherlands. Prince canceled the supporting act, but invited Dulfer on stage to play an improvised solo. After this encounter, she starred in the video of the single “Partyman” (1989), where Prince sings: When I need trombone, my dog is Handy. But when I want sax, I call Candy.
    This appearance led to session work with Eurythmics guitarist and producer Dave Stewart, who gave Dulfer a credit on “Lily Was Here”, reaching #6 in the UK singles chart, #1 in the Dutch radio charts and #11 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the USA in 1990.
    In 2007, she released her ninth studio album Candy Store. The album reached a #2 position in Billboard’s Top Contemporary Jazz charts. Of the album Candy Store, the song “L.A. City lights” reached a #1 position in National Airplay charts in the United States. In 2011 Dulfer performed at the Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival and is back on stage in Aruba on October 4th at the 2014 CSJ festival.

- See more at: http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/can....q9pmAp7J.dpuf

I believe Prince Royce wil also be performing. I heard about it a little too late, otherwise I was so there, even if it was only for this weekend. But we planned to go in december for my mother in law's 60th birthday. Tickets already booked, I can't wait to get there!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I bet it will be great
    To bad I don't know one name on the performers, oops rob will be up at 2 am with sax

Aruba since 1979