Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Carte Blanche News

Carte Blanche News

They're leaving the Bucuti and Tara location... Heading downtown right beside Wilhelmina. Beautiful setting. More on my trip report.

January 2018.

Interesting, wondering what will go in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Interesting, wondering what will go in there.
    I was wondering that as well. I would expect B$T needs another dining establishment but CB was a bit of an anomaly there because of seating limitations.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I heard about the move when I had dinner at Wilhelmina a few months ago.

Interesting. I would have thought the Bucuti location would have been a good fit. This is their 2nd move. When we went it was up by the windmill. The thing about Carte Blanche, IMHO, is for some people, it's kind of a one and done situation. We enjoyed it. The food was fabulous but it's a long evening of dining and not everyone likes a chef's whim menu. What do I know though, it's booked months ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Interesting. I would have thought the Bucuti location would have been a good fit. This is their 2nd move. When we went it was up by the windmill. The thing about Carte Blanche, IMHO, is for some people, it's kind of a one and done situation. We enjoyed it. The food was fabulous but it's a long evening of dining and not everyone likes a chef's whim menu. What do I know though, it's booked months ahead of time.
    Yes... chef's menu is not everybody's cup of tea. But, for me, it's not just the food but also because of how engaging Dennis and Glen are. I'm really adventurous with food so I love seeing what's been cooked up. The Spouse isn't as adventurous so it can be a little hit 'n miss for him. I think that's why "Kitchen Table" is always so intriguing - using locally sourced ingredients makes for a wild ride.

Given that "Maroc", "Wilhelmina" and "Carte Blanche" are now going to be centralized beside each other, it'll be interesting to see how people approach the three different styles of dining.

Dennis and Glen are naturals at making people feel comfortable and getting everyone to interact with each other. I hope they do well at their new location. I'm planning on trying Marco on our next visit as I think it fits our style better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Dennis and Glen are naturals at making people feel comfortable and getting everyone to interact with each other. I hope they do well at their new location. I'm planning on trying Marco on our next visit as I think it fits our style better.
    Definitely. Lots of little plates to choose from so you're not restricted in what you can try. We really liked it.

Maroc is fabulous and each three restaurants are different and have a different dining experience. Dennis is a tremendous chef and business person. We have also been going to Carte Blanche since it was located at the Mill. For Bucuti, I agree this will allow them to have another dining option for their guests.
    Moving Carte Blanche will also help revitalize the downtown are that they area in. Dennis has done a beautiful job already with the other two places so this will finish off the block.
    I am excited to see the new space!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

The sheer number of establishments so close to each other on Aruba amazes me.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast