Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Carte Blanche News

The number of restaurants that keep moving locations amazes and confuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    The sheer number of establishments so close to each other on Aruba amazes me.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    The sheer number of establishments so close to each other on Aruba amazes me.
    Hi Jacki, and everyone else,

Part of the attraction of Aruba, aside from the people, the weather, beaches, shopping (I know there's more) is its lively restaurant and bar scene. Jacki, it amazes me too that so many establishments are so close to one another, but that can be a plus. If you go to an area with lots of choices (after you've finally found a parking spot!) and there is a long wait at your first choice, maybe try the place next door.

The whole dining scene in Aruba is amazing. Much of that, in my opinion, has to do with the simple fact that it is a relatively safe, secure and comfortable place to wander around in. You can park the car, or get out of the taxi and simply walk around until you find something to your liking. In other destinations, once you leave the resort property language can be an issue, as can local sanitation, safety and just the overall feeling of unease. For most of us, we don't even think of these in Aruba.

When in Aruba, we take same approach as we do at home. Be aware of your surroundings and enjoy yourself.

If you're wondering, it's the Thanksgiving Day long weekend here in Canada; that's why I can send this at 9:40 on a Monday morning. I'm sitting at my dining room table, not in my Dilbert-esque type cubicle at work.

Glenn,

Winnipeg, Canada

Aruba since 1979

carte blanche

the topic is "carte blanche"

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

the topic is "carte blanche"

Good afternoon,

You are absolutely right. It is off the topic. Sometimes that happens.

These posts are like conversations with people drifting in and out, and occasionally someone will take a small part of that conversation and that in turn becomes a topic in itself, and the original subject gets missed.

I'll try to be more mindful of the topic at hand.

Glenn

Aruba since 1979
    just a reminder.........so please do not be offended i am sorry

i am the WORST offender re: drifting.

now, how bout them NE PATs

Just was reading on the Bucuti site that a new restaurant, called Senses, will be opening in January after Carte Blanche has moved. They describe it as Chef’s table concept.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12