Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carte Blanche Question

Carte Blanche Question

I went to Carte Blanche on one of my last trips, and totally enjoyed it. In part, it was because of the chef's whim, as you didn't know what you were going to be served. In reading other posts, all the photos I've seen serve the exact same dinner. So, what I'm wondering is, has anyone been recently, and have they changed the menu at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I went to Carte Blanche on one of my last trips, and totally enjoyed it. In part, it was because of the chef's whim, as you didn't know what you were going to be served. In reading other posts, all the photos I've seen serve the exact same dinner. So, what I'm wondering is, has anyone been recently, and have they changed the menu at all?
    We were there on Jan. 2nd and again in May. Dennis told me he looked up the menu we had in Jan. so he didn't duplicate anything we already had. The only thing that was the same was the ceviche because that is now one of their signature appetizers. So they do keep track.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I will be in Aruba in 3 weeks and I have made a reservation for my wife and I to eat at Carte Blanche, we have been to aruba twice before but never to Carte Blanche, we have read amazing review about how great it is, the one question I have yet to find an answer to is how is everything priced, I know there are options to do 4 or 5 courses, as well as full wine pairings or just individual drinks, if someone can please give some basic insight to the pricing I would greatly appreciate it.

Nick

Thanks Amy, good to know that they mix it up. For snpstick30; we were there last November, and if I recall correctly, the price was $69 per person for 5 courses which was very much worth it. We also did the wine pairing, however, if I were to go back I think I would just order a nice bottle of wine. I found the price on the pairing to be a quite high. It ran to a total of $170 for the 2 of us for the 5 courses.

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    We were there in July and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the wine pairing was $39. My DW likes a good wine, but it was too much for her and wound up giving me her leftovers. (Such a shame)

Thank you very much for your help.

I wondered if there was an error on the wine pairing cost but didn't ask. Prior to dining there, I had the impression that the wine pairing would be in the $39 pp range. With the exception of the first course which was a flute of champagne, the other pours were tasting pours. In an event, we still had a wonderful evening with good company and fantastic food.

The wine pairing price changes...really depends on the wines they're using that night. We've been there twice now and our wine pairing price was less the first time. But again, different wines used = different prices. It's best to ask in advance if you have any concerns.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Glenn explains that each wine pour is approx. 3 oz and that's seems accurate; I'm positive it's not less than that. Remember 5 pours at 3 ounces is 15 ounces. A 750 ml bottle is only 25 ounces. Our selections included 2-states and 4 countries; very much worth every penny spent.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

I definitely felt the food was worth it, but not the wine pairing. $170 for 2 people (for the wine alone) was more than the price of the food, and we could have gotten a nice bottle and enjoyed the food just as much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast