Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carte Blanche Restaurant

Carte Blanche Restaurant

One word: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will write more when I get back from Aruba.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

what a tease!!! lol

I took photos of every course....amazing food and a fun dining event!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Hi Amy, Where is it located.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by angelone View Post
    Hi Amy, Where is it located.
    It's located near the windmill. Not IN the windmill but attached to it on the left side as you're looking at the windmill.

If you're truly looking for a special dining event (and it is an event - we were there for 4 hours) and you're adventurous with food, this is THE PLACE!

Amy I saw pictures on the website.. do you sit at a bar and eat??? or do they have tables also... kind of looks uncomforable.. by the picture..

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    Amy I saw pictures on the website.. do you sit at a bar and eat??? or do they have tables also... kind of looks uncomforable.. by the picture..
    There are 14 place settings at a half circle bar of sorts. But the bar is set up so that the height is a regular bar for those standing behind it, but for those seated at it, there is a raised platform with nice big comfy chairs so you feel like you're sitting at a table. Not uncomfortable at all and I loved the chairs.

There are no tables. Everyone sits at the bar.

Aruba since 1979

Carte Blanche

For those of us who really enjoy food, Carte Blanche is the place to dine when in Aruba. Thanks to an earlier post on this board, I made reservations early on. I won't reveal too much of the menu, because it could spoil the surprise for some, but I will say that the "first" appetizer; a seafood cerviche, coconut shrimp, crab salad and oyster shooter was amazing. Since this is chef's whim you don't get to choose your dishes, but you do get to explain any likes or dislikes prior. Best to include that information in an e-mail when making the reservation so they can plan accordingly. We went with the 5 course along with the wine pairing and found it may have been a little too much food/wine for me, although I enjoyed tasting everything. Next time, I will go with four courses and order a bottle of wine. This is an expensive evening, but it's well worth it.

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up Fellow Foodie

We snagged one of the last remaining reservations of April 13th. How do you choose between 4 or 5 courses? I was thinking of ordering the seafood and my husband will order the meat courses. We are on the fence with the wine pairings, I don't think I can drink my way through4 or 5 courses! What do you think?
    Susan

Next Aruba trip in

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast