Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carte Blanche Restaurant

We ate there on Jan. 2nd of this year and loved it! Already have reservations for our trip next month in May. We also did the 5 courses and wine pairings and everything was wonderful - so much fun to see the chef's creativity (and to taste it, too!)

You don't actually order your courses (as far as food). You do pay for a 4 or 5 course dinner - only difference between the two is that the 4 course dinner will have one less appetizer. The chef makes a set menu for the night but will adjust accordingly for any allergies or extreme dislikes.

Our first appetizer below:
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up 8PM Reservation

The whole concept sounds wonderful! I took the 8pm reservation. Does it matter? I love culinary adventures!

Counting my Blessings,
    Susan

Next Aruba trip in

thanks for the tip on this place....november is a little far off, but we will make a point to go and see what happens.....so I take it I have to make reservations before we go and make a point of giving likes/dislikes or do we do that once we are there ???
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    thanks for the tip on this place....november is a little far off, but we will make a point to go and see what happens.....so I take it I have to make reservations before we go and make a point of giving likes/dislikes or do we do that once we are there ???
    They are booked about 3-4 weeks out right now. They only seat 14 people per night.

You will need to reconfirm your reservation at least 48 hours in advance (or they may cancel it) and, at that time, you can list any food allergies, etc. They make their menu based on what is in season and fresh at that time.

This is really NOT the place to go for people who are picky eaters and have to give them a "list" of food likes/dislikes . It's a place to go for a food adventure and an open palate.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

You can probably judge from Amy's photo what to expect from portions. The photo posted represents ONE appetizer, so if you go with 4 courses you can choose to eliminate one appetizer, or the salad. I don't want to spoil any surprises so won't reveal the courses, for me, next time, I would eliminate the salad because I felt the 2 appetizers were the best. Our wine pairing for 5 courses came to $128, so as good as the pairings were, I would be more inclined to order a bottle of wine that would go with most foods. You don't have to choose between meat and fish, our meals had a blend of both. Their e-mail response gives instruction as to the reconfirmation. We were instructed to call 24 hours prior to the reservation. Customers are seated between 7 and 8 with meals timed so that everyone finishes at the same time. Also, many thanks to Amy who was the original poster who alerted us to this fine resturant.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 04-06-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: grammatical

Glad you enjoyed it as much as we did! I wouldn't worry about revealing the courses you had since they do change them up a bit depending on what's in season and what's fresh for that week.

I'm looking forward to going back again in May with 2 other couples who are friends of ours. Will be a fun night!

We are foodies, and I would like to explore this further. Can anyone give me an approximate cost of a 5 and 4 course meal per person? With and without wine pairing? Also, I would love to read someone's course experience. You can Pm me privately so it would not spoil the surprise element for anyone else that may be interested. We have most of our restaurant choices already reserved, but this one may have to be added in.
    TIA!

I'm so bummed! They are booked solid! Missed opportunity. ;-(

Quote Originally Posted by stinky2 View Post
    I'm so bummed! They are booked solid! Missed opportunity. ;-(

They became very popular very quickly once word got out. You really do need to book at least 4 weeks out now.

I went to make my reservation and they are booked out to May 18! Looks like we have a reason to go back to Aruba after we finish this upcoming trip!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast