Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Carte Blanche Restaurant Review?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Okay Pierre, what are those delectable dishes you posted photos of?
    These were the dessert options when we were there.
    Chocolate "pleasure"?, and a great cheese cake...
    Pierre

We went in September 2012 and for two people with the four course meal and one wine pairing was $250. It's actually cheaper to order the wine by glass then to pay extra for the wine pairing. We decided to go from the reviews we saw and the fact that my husband is a chef,owns a catering company and enjoys checking out other chefs. We had never been to this type of establishment so decided to try it out. My experience was different then my husband's being that he's in the culinary arts but it was fun for me. I wouldn't go again but it was experience. Now that I think of it, we ate again when we got back to the villa so I'd snack beforehand if you have an appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by Day79 View Post
    We went in September 2012 and for two people with the four course meal and one wine pairing was $250. It's actually cheaper to order the wine by glass then to pay extra for the wine pairing. We decided to go from the reviews we saw and the fact that my husband is a chef,owns a catering company and enjoys checking out other chefs. We had never been to this type of establishment so decided to try it out. My experience was different then my husband's being that he's in the culinary arts but it was fun for me. I wouldn't go again but it was experience. Now that I think of it, we ate again when we got back to the villa so I'd snack beforehand if you have an appetite.
    Wow, you were still hungry? We've been there twice (did the 5 courses both times) and we were both STUFFED when we left. Well, I was stuffed (more food than I normally eat) and hubby was very happy/satisfied. I can't imagine snacking beforehand - I would almost suggest the exact opposite and go with an appetite (but, of course, everyone is different.)
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I have to say that I found the portions more than generous as well. If I were to go back I would get the four courses rather than five. The food was fabulous and the element of surprise makes it a lot of fun. I think what keeps me from going back though is that it doesn't appear that they have changed the menu at all. Even the most recent postings show photos of the same meal we had over a year ago.

We have reservations for our 11th anniversary. I am looking forward to a new adventure!

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Does anybody else have the same opinion Day79 does about the wine pairing?
    9th trip to Aruba in

stick with the pairings. don't be cheap at Carte Blanche

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Good point! Pairings are done for a reason. We already made the reservation for the 5 course with pairings so we'll go with it.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12