Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: CC Authorization Form Required?

Aruba since 1979
    when providing a cc number to anywhere, make sure it is on a safe site.

faxing
    or
    emailing is not a safe way to pass along credit card info.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    No giving of CC information, then you won't be able to go to:
    Madame Janettes, Yemanja Woodfired Grill, Marandi's, Blossoms, Passions, Ruinas del Mar, to name just a few.
    I've been to all of these places on a regular basis and have never had to give my CC. But we don't go in high season - we go to Aruba in April/May and Sept. We did go over NYE last year - went to MJs, Carte Blanche, Passions, and El Gaucho on that trip - no CC required.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

No giving of CC information, then you won't be able to go to:
    Madame Janettes, Yemanja Woodfired Grill, Marandi's, Blossoms, Passions, Ruinas del Mar, to name just a few.
    You can add Amadeus for larger parties as well.

The key when making a reservation online is to make sure the url begins with

HTTP
    S
    HTTPS is a combination of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) with SSL/TLS protocol. It provides encrypted communication and secure identification.

I would be very nervous in giving my ccard info .Last August my card was compromised in Aruba and someone purchased airline tickets to Europe etc..What a mess!! Please be careful...

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    You can add Amadeus for larger parties as well.
    If we're talking about needing a CC for large parties then that's a whole different ballgame. As I said above, I have never needed a CC for any of the restaurants that were mentioned (even during NYE) but if I had a large party, then I would EXPECT to give a CC number to hold my reservation. I would not balk at giving it as long as I could give them the number over the phone or if they have a secure (https) online site.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

I think that the CC issue has a lot to do with the time of year you visit Aruba. In December (xmas time) we always have to give a CC but we are usually 5 people or more. However, in March when we are usually 2 people there are certain restaurants that still require us to provide CC- Madame Janettes being one of them. Perhaps during the slower season they will take reservations without cc.
    With respect to having cc compromised in Aruba- happens everywhere and anywhere. Just had that happen to me here at home. Most restaurants will have you sign a form and provide cc information. I usually fill out most of the information and then contact them separately with additional information so its not all on the same sheet.
    Back to the very initial post, Anna Maria is a very small restaurant with the capacity for about 40 people so I can understand that a cc request has become necessary. Many restaurants start out without that requirement but after getting "burned" by people then they have to do this for their own survival. Unfortunately, people are selfish and don't care about multiple bookings and then leaving the restaurant hanging. The cc requirement makes people take their reservations more seriously. Over the past 5 years, we have noticed more and more places are requesting cc info before they will finalize reservations.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I think that the CC issue has a lot to do with the time of year you visit Aruba. In December (xmas time) we always have to give a CC but we are usually 5 people or more. However, in March when we are usually 2 people there are certain restaurants that still require us to provide CC- Madame Janettes being one of them. Perhaps during the slower season they will take reservations without cc.
    Not perhaps, but definitely during low season months a CC is not needed.

In all of my years of going to MJ's - been going there since they opened - and even dined there the night before NYE in 2010 which is high season, I have never had to leave a CC number for a reservation for a party of 2 to 4 people.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    If we're talking about needing a CC for large parties then that's a whole different ballgame. As I said above, I have never needed a CC for any of the restaurants that were mentioned (even during NYE) but if I had a large party, then I would EXPECT to give a CC number to hold my reservation. I would not balk at giving it as long as I could give them the number over the phone or if they have a secure (https) online site.
    Yes http://amadeusaruba.com/choose-reservation.asp

"Make Reservations at Amadeus
    Please select one of the following options:

My reservation is for a table of...
    Four or less people
    https://amadeusaruba.com/reservation.asp

Five or more persons
    https://amadeusaruba.com/reservations.asp"

Being in the customer experience business and helping some of the most recognized brands in North america, I can speak first hand that consumers have lots of choice today and it is the business owner's responsibility to find ways to avoid making it difficult for customers to do business with them. Anna Maria is not the only restaurant on the island with limited seating . . . I can think of Wacky Wahoo and Gostoso to name two have very limited seating. IMPOSING a CC requirement is a cop-out for not wanting to be customer friendly. I'll bet that both the attitude of the owner of Anna Maria and the many accounts of mis-treatment of his customers (arrogance translates quite well in every language) will outweigh the loyalists he has over time - it always does.
    Michael

Hmmm, perhaps a good comparison to Wacky Wahoos as I am good customer to both places. While we love the food at WW, the reservation situation is horrible. Always seem to be disorganized in terms of seating when lots of ppl waiting and a rushed and noisy dining experience. Small place and everyone is sitting on top of each other but we love the food and we know what to expect. WW turns over those tables many times in one evening.

In comparison, AM does not turn over tables at the same pace, it is a relaxing and slow paced dining experience. We have found all of the staff and owners extremely customer friendly and I have never been to a restaurant that on a consistent basis, always comes out to greet his customers and personally ensure that all are happy. As I said I have been there 7 times so I have watched everyone there in action many times.

The issue of CC forms is something that each place of business decides for themselves. As stated, some take for large groups, some for all reservations and some not at all. Obviously, AM feels that this is necessary for his business and this certainly doesn't mean he isn't customer friendly.

Just as an aside, I have no issue debating the issue of CC authorization forms but some of the comments about Anti-semitism is unsubstantiated and not necessarily a reliable story as is the story about the child and the blinds (since there are no blinds in this restaurant at all). It makes this appear as one person is attacking another person based on some past history.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast