Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By brady bear

Thread: Chalet Suisse closed from 8/28/16 through 9/18/16

Chalet Suisse closed from 8/28/16 through 9/18/16

Timeshare weeks 35-37.

Vacation or remodel?

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Probably their annual vacation. European style, the business closes and everyone is on vacation at the same time. Well that makes it real simple to plan our dinner there this year. We leave on the 20th and they reopen on the 18th. No wiggle room.

We visit the island the same 2 weeks every year and they are always closed....They are definitely on annual vacation that time of year

Glad I checked here. I was going to make a reservation for the 17th, and then I saw this. So I changed to the 21st. Now I just need to find somewhere for the 17th. That's the day I arrive, so I don't want to go too far on my first evening. I'm staying at La Cabana. Any ideas?

Aruba since 1979
    How about RICARDOS at Aruba BEach Club or TULIP @ MVC Eagle Beach or MATTHEWS @ Casa Del Mar?
    Quote Originally Posted by skbrandon View Post
    Glad I checked here. I was going to make a reservation for the 17th, and then I saw this. So I changed to the 21st. Now I just need to find somewhere for the 17th. That's the day I arrive, so I don't want to go too far on my first evening. I'm staying at La Cabana. Any ideas?

Our new first night restaurant is Pizza Bob's at Tropicana - great food, very close and we love those first few Balashis outside on their deck.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

This was our first night too. Loved walking by it and getting "greetings" from the workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Our new first night restaurant is Pizza Bob's at Tropicana - great food, very close and we love those first few Balashis outside on their deck.

Thank you! I arrive early that day, so I decided to go to Pizza Bob's for lunch, and then Las Ramblas for dinner. All my years at La Cabana and I've never tried Las Ramblas yet. Go figure...