Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Chalet Suisse & L.G. Smith

Is Chalet Suisse's decor old-fashioned? It really appears that way from their web-site, so I'm curious.

Also, for people that have dined at both CS & L.G.'s, which do you prefer?

We have done both and this is my opinion.

L.G. Smith is better. Chalet Suisse is very large and it is a little "tired" inside. L.G. Smith is done in white leather, chocolate brown wood, blue lighting and faux white brick (small little ones) walls. BEATIFUL!!

IMO, steaks and service much better!!!!!!!!!! Service is fantastic.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks for your honest opinion Randi. What you wrote was almost identical to my thoughts!! Basically, you confirmed my intention of making reservations at L.G.'s for our last night in Aruba!!

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    Without a doubt, LG Smith's. Their stakes are soooo good and the crab cake appetizer is fantastic. Great service!

We have been going to both places the past few years, and love them both for different things.
    We stay at the Renaissance for a few days and always hit LG Smith. We enjoy their steaks and rack of lamb. Nice contemporary decor, excellent service-thanks Aundry. Compared to other places, their prices aren't out of line and they have a nice wine list at all price points.
    Later in the trip we do go to Chalet Suisse. The decor is dated and it is a larger dining area. We go fairly early and sit in one of the little bay window tables. Alot of time we have sea bass, steak or lamb which have been very good. We also enjoy their wine selection. Humphrey has usually been our server and he is great-have never felt rushed. If you like chocolate, their Tomberone Fondue is awsome.
    If you can only do one, I would also chose LG Smith. Have a great time and enjoy!

I have not dined at LG Smith but don't think its fair to rank on Chalet Suisse because of its decor. The decor is that of a chalet so it is appropriate. Its not supposed to be a trendy steakhouse. I have never had a bad meal at Chalet Suisse and believe the service is tremendous. I think it is definitely worth including in your trip.