Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Challet Suisse

Challet Suisse

I heard that its really good. I guess the owner is a butcher and has all his meats flown in fresh daily.... Anyone know anything about it?

We've been here quite a few times - food is always consistently good. We don't go there very much any more though because there are always new places to try. But we do try and go for dessert at least once a year - they have a great Toblerone Fondue that we like.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We had a party of 16 there one nite last April, the service was good, but a little slow( tough on the kids), but the food was outstanding...I had lamb, yum ! We

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We had a party of 16 there one nite last April, the service was good, but a little slow( tough on the kids), but the food was outstanding...I had lamb, yum ! We had a private room with a large round table so it worked out really well. The waiter was able to handle our 4 seperate bills. Defiantely worth going to.

Chalet Suisse

Food is always consistant. with large group (14 or more) always ask for the private room. It is quieter and service is better.
    Only complaint with the restaurant is it is usually very noisey.

Thumbs up

A lot of people rave about their "EARLY BIRD SPECIAL [April 1st to November 30th] menu; a three course selection of our most popular items at a fixed price."

We first visited Chalet Suisse http://www.chaletsuisse-aruba.com/ in 1995 during our first visit to Aruba. We have never had a bad meal there.

Arubalisa,
    Do you know how much the "Early Bird Special" is?
    Thank you for your help!
    Tricia

Quote Originally Posted by tdf114 View Post
    Arubalisa,
    Do you know how much the "Early Bird Special" is? Thank you for your help!
    Tricia
    My best recollection is that last year it was $28.95 per person plus 15% service charge.

It is definitely one of the most most consistent restaurants on the island. The food is very good and have never had a bad meal. I recommend that you make it one of the restaurants you visit on your trip. Do make a reservation ahead of time once you arrive.

Sadly, I had a different experience this year. We were very disappointed with our meal and service. We were a large group and they had placed a sign on our table that they needed us to be "out" by 9pm (we had a 6:45pm reservation), which was fine, perhaps a little tacky to have placed the sign there??? Anyway, the service was extremely slow, it took far too long to get menu's, get someone to take our order and they wanted us gone by 9pm?

The food was not as good as in previous years. Last year we thought the same but felt it only fair to give it another try this year but unfortunately, we have knocked it off our list.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast