Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chez Mathilde??

Chez Mathilde??

While trying to make a reservation at Chez Mathilde for mid August, I was directed to a new restaurant, Matilde--that has been extensively renovated and looks completely different from the restaurant we know. Does anyone have any info on this?? Food/service better? Same?? Prices? Worth the visit? Thanks.

Chez Mathilde reinvented itself and re-opened as Matilde last Nov. We haven't been there yet but hope to try it on our next trip in Sept. We used to love Chez Mathilde.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

The place is as good or better. The renovations are all done & it looks great. The prices & service seem about the same. The duck was outstanding!!! If you want to sit in the back (which is all renovated) you'll need long pants. I was a little upset by this but they buoght my martini & all was well. Enjoy!!

Jim-20 years

Thanks Amy and Jim!. We loved Chez Mathilde, too, and hope that the new Matilde will be as wonderful. I haven't received a reply to either of my emails to them requesting a reservation. Does anyone know how to reach them?
    Barb and Bill

I had one of the best dining experiences of my life in 2003 for my BIRTHDAY at Chez Mathilde. The Matilde website seems very nice,and I've already emailed for a dinner res for September. But I havent heard anything - I guess because its so far away.

I really wanted to go ON my birthday, Sept 20, but I dont arrive til almost 2pm and by the time I get to the hotel, etc, etc, it will just be too much of a rush.

Was there in Febuary and was as good if not better than before. Food very good and service maybe better,

We had some wonderful dinners at Chez Mathilde and are planning on trying Mathilde next week. I've sent sent 2 emails over the past month on their website without a response also. I figured I'd try when we get there on Tuesday.

I made a res on line for September 21. It only took them a few days to get back to me. All they asked is that when I arrive on the island, that i call and reconfirm the res so I can can give them my hotel/room #. I am SOOOOO Excited about eating there again

Banned
    It's an absolute shame what they've done with Chez Mathilde. Almost every single thing about the place has changed. I heard it has gone through 3 manager changes. The new "Mathilde" just doesn't compare to the old one.

Hi everyone

I view all you comments and I notice that we have to improve our reservation replaying system, Yes Matilde redecorate and re-furniture more than a year a go.

Matilde has blended the past with the present, with extraordinary modern art and classic décor, creating a perfect ambiance for glamour, chic and romance.
    Preserving the house, witch dates back to 18th century (downtown monument), has been a priority in the refurbishing and redecoration.
    The Matilde house is one of the few monumental buildings left in Oranjestad Aruba. It is a patrimonial colonial house built in the 18th century, dwellings in the center of the city which has always been kept in its original state and was never substantially damaged. It is the only privately owned building which has been kept uninterrupted in the same family since than.
    The Staff is almost the same, we have 20 years of experience as well as our waiters working with Chez Matilde- now Matilde. We kept the most popular items of our menu, and add some new items. The chef is the same and food excellent!!, after you try please post your comments.

For more information check on
    http://www.matildearuba.com/
    If you have any feedback or for more information don’t hesitate in contact me.
    Jorge
    matilde phone number is 00297-5834968
    that is from calling internationaly, however i am not sure if from the states is different country code..
    Last edited by INFOBOY; 06-15-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast