Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arrow From a recent review

"...My understanding is there is little market left for such upper class dining and the venue will change again to something totally different. ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    "...My understanding is there is little market left for such upper class dining and the venue will change again to something totally different. ..."
    I think that hits the nail on the head. We live in a society where many of us go to work in business casual attire and suits and ties are becomming the exception. Even going to the theater in NYC you see relatively few dressed up people any more. I love an upscale restaurant, but after spending a day on the beach and it is still in the high 80's at dinnertime, the very last thing I want to do is get dressed up. There are just too many really good restaurants in Aruba where you can go neatly, but still casually attired. It's a personal choice, but we go to Aruba with the saying "no shoes, no socks, no clocks"-all that is waiting for us when we get home

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Unhappy I am Sad

So sorry that this fabulous restaurant is closing. My husband and I always looked forward to coming back from the beach, getting dressed up "Caribbean Style" and looking forward to a night on the town. Loved the doorman, and the Chef's creations were wonderful! Glad we have pictures of the many times we dined there.

Next Aruba trip in

Last day open was 9/20. We'll be arriving Saturday as well - can't wait! As a side note, we very much enjoy restaurants that aren't on everyone's 'popular' list that are quite excellent. These include

Pincho's
    Marina Pirata
    The Old Fisherman
    The Promenade

Guess we like the old standby's.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    NancyG
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Chez was our favorite restaurant before and after the name change. Really sad to see it go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12