Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thumbs up Chez Matilde (lunch video)

So, Mrs. 44 and I headed in town for lunch at Chez Matilde. In a word: Fantastic. See my blog for video proof.

I like to go early for lunch and we were the second table to be seated. Started with Asparagus Soup, which was very tasty. Then Mrs. 44 had grilled fish with mango salsa and on the side was a thin-sliced plantain, fried thin like strips of bacon. I went with the club sandwich, which here comes with grilled chicken, sliced egg, avocado, and is excellent.

The lunch special price is $14.50 for any soup and any sandwich or any soup and any salad. This is a fair enough price given the high quality food, service, and ambiance. You can order from the dinner menu at lunch but figure on doubling the price.

If you're in town and looking for a quiet sit-down lunch, try Chez Matilde. The only thing I don't like is that they took away the plasma screens that would change every minute or so as they displayed famous paintings. Now they have original works hanging on the walls as you'll see in the video. They're fine but those plasma screens were a great idea. However, the food and service, once again, is the match of any big-city restaurant without the pretensions that come with those joints.

Bon dia!

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Another great video..thanks, Its around the corner from the Renn. but we never think to go there. Maybe will change our minds...cindyo

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Its around the corner from the Renn. but we never think to go there. Maybe will change our minds...cindyo
    My fault....dress code kept me away (no slacks for me in Aruba). Is the dress code still there?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Rob 0,

I think it is. I always wear long pants, so I usually get away with going in most places.

Sorry about the code.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Rob 0,

I think it is. I always wear long pants, so I usually get away with going in most places.

Sorry about the code.

I guess I can't go..... don't even wear slacks to the airport regardless of the weather.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com