Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicken Wings

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Thumbs up Chicken Wings

Could not find a pure wings tread here, so better start one .

Where did you find the best Chicken Wings on Aruba?

I like mine spicy. This is my experience so far:

Pizza Hut: So so. Eatable but nothing worth waiting for.

Hooters: So so. Eatable but nothing worth waiting for.

Buster's Garage (brand new): Claim to have the best on the Island. Quite ok, but asked for the hottest ones, and they were not that spicy. I also like mine with more sauce on in general.

Hard Rock Cafe: Best ones that I have had so far on Aruba. Not quite as good as in the states, but it is relatively new, so they are learning.
    Remember that in Aruba, the local cuisine is not very spicy and it rubs off on "International" food like wings. When I am i.e. Vegas I would never dream of ordering the spiciest ones (heavy metal), but in Aruba the Heavy Metal ones are needed to get a little sweat .

So that is the ones I have tried so far, please let me know if you found better ones here.

Carsten

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We love the Hooters wings.....

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzerjoy View Post
    Could not find a pure wings tread here, so better start one .

Where did you find the best Chicken Wings on Aruba?

I like mine spicy. This is my experience so far:

Pizza Hut: So so. Eatable but nothing worth waiting for.

Hooters: So so. Eatable but nothing worth waiting for.

Buster's Garage (brand new): Claim to have the best on the Island. Quite ok, but asked for the hottest ones, and they were not that spicy. I also like mine with more sauce on in general.

Hard Rock Cafe: Best ones that I have had so far on Aruba. Not quite as good as in the states, but it is relatively new, so they are learning.
    Remember that in Aruba, the local cuisine is not very spicy and it rubs off on "International" food like wings. When I am i.e. Vegas I would never dream of ordering the spiciest ones (heavy metal), but in Aruba the Heavy Metal ones are needed to get a little sweat .

So that is the ones I have tried so far, please let me know if you found better ones here.

Carsten
    The one thing I have noticed while trying any kind of chicken while on Aruba, its just not the same as home.Got to have TYSON OR PURDUE.

Best Wings...unfortunately, I don't like Hooters wings...I like the small Buffalo wings. Hooters wings have the wing of a matured chicken (sorry sounds disgusting).
    AS FOR ARUBA...Tony Romas wings are to die for. TRUST ME. I live in NJ and unfortunately, do NOT have a Tony Romas near me. Tony Romas wings are a hit of miss... Las Vegas Tony's --> No Good. Maryland Tony's --> Not Good. Toronto Tonys --> Good. Aruba Tony's ---> EXCELLENT.
    Check it out.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Sounds great, will stop by Tony's one of the next few days. Actually never been there due to mixed reviews, but your rating of "Excellent wings" makes it worth a try .

Carsten

Carsten,
    Unless you eat wings at the Anchor Bar (Buffalo, NY) weekly...trust me, Tony's wings are great. Tangy sweet, crunchy, fully cooked...with a beer...NOW we are talking some good eatin' right there. Enjoy. And please let me know what you think...and if you've found a better wing place on the island.
    Jersey Pete

Banned
    Well Pete, I tried Tony's wings last night. They were quite ok, but still second to HRC's in my opinion.
    They were cooked perfectly, better than HRC, but like the spices better there I guess.
    But they were definately worth the money.
    Oh well....The search goes on....Chasing the perfect wings in Paradise......A dirty job, but someone gotta do it...

Guess TGI Friday is next.

Carsten

Carsten,
    I will give the HRC wings a try. Our wing options are limited in Paradise BUT...Tony Romas definitely suffices more than enough for my wing option.
    Enjoy.
    JerseyPete

Banned
    Just to be fair: Went to Hard Rock Cafe the other day and of course asked for the Wings as usual and they were completely over cooked and dry. This was the second time I had that happen there, so I still have them as a favorite, but it is a bit of a hit and miss and with their prices you feel a bit ripped off when they are over cooked.
    Went to Buster also and it was the same as always. Well cooked but not hot at all. Maybe Mark can bring better spices to the otherwise great place ;-).
    The TGIs are pretty consistently good, but even they are not as hot as I would like.
    So if we could only get one place with really good hot wings Aruba would be even more of a Paradise ;-).
    Carsten

eagle beach, baby beach, rogers beach, downtown, harley store......
    Schnauzerjoy, Hello!!! Um, if you can't find any good chicken wings, bring a bag of frozen ones from home and cook them yourself!! When I can't find something I like when I am in Aruba I just bring it with me and make it. No pun intended here. There are just some things you can not get in Aruba like you can at home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast