• 1 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 2 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By WaltVB
  • 2 Post By Traceyd14
  • 2 Post By schexc

Thread: Chihuahuas - a great forum find

Chihuahuas - a great forum find

If not for this forum, we would not have known Chihuahuas existed (thanks, WaltVB and others who have mentioned it.)
    This was one of our favorite meals of the trip. Our server had great energy and kept us happy the entire meal. I'm sure the large margaritas helped too.
    We ordered the ceviche at the recommendation of Aruba Curt (burghboy on this forum). It was our favorite ceviche of the trip. The portion was huge, and the flavors blended perfectly.
    At our waiters recommendation we went with the fajita specials for the night. Jon had shrimp and fish and I had shrimp and steak, but we shared. These are some of the best fajitas I have had. I know you are thinking, fajitas are pretty hard to mess up. But honestly, there were just some flavorful bursts when eating the meat and fresh crisp vegetables. This is a fun casual atmosphere, and good Mexican food.

Chihuahuas - a great forum find-chi-ceviche.jpg
    Chihuahuas - a great forum find-chi-fishandshrimp.jpgChihuahuas - a great forum find-chi-steakandshrimp.jpg

Thanks for the find and the review.

Every time I see the restaurant name, I automatically think of "WKRP"...

https://youtu.be/q_fq4RQgwuA

That guac looks awesome & fresh too!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    That guac looks awesome & fresh too!
    It was! They make it there, but not tableside. It is made ahead. We only know because we overheard someone asking.

Glad you enjoyed it, they are definitely one of our favorites. How about the bean soup app you get? Pam got that as her meal last time we were there. She asked if she could get it and they said yes. They seem very willing to make substitutions on the menu.
    Last edited by WaltVB; 11-27-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it, they are definitely one of our favorites. How about the bean soup app you get? Pam got that as her meal last time we were there. She asked if she could get it and they said yes. They seem very willing to make substitutions on the menu.
    Oh my gosh, how could I forget that bean soup! It was so good and I'm not usually a bean OR soup person, but we both ate every last drop!

We ate there last trip. We also thought the guacamole was very good and they were very accommodating to our dietary menu requests. They just said yes we can do that, no problem.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.