Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chino Latino

Chino Latino

Anyone been there yet? Its across from the Radisson.. Any feedback would be aprreciated! :-)

Eli

Thumbs down

Well actually the place is nice, but when I went there with my partner we were pretty dissapointed with the service, we we're there around 10:30pm sit at the bar, asked for some drinks and the menu.we waited for the girl to take the order, and when we told her we we're ready ..OHH SORRY KITCHEN ALLREADY CLOSED!! ra ra ra...we just left

Had drinks there the other night. They were fine and the little appetizers they served to our group were good. But have not had a meal yet. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. Will report back.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

I think that this place is pretty interesting. When i was there I got a create your own wok! I think the food was very good! The drinks I ordered were nicely made also! I recommend eating there! I heard that the kitchen is now open until 2am. There aren't many other places in the high rise area open that late! I would go back for sure to eat again.
    Last edited by DushiHeidi; 02-05-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Wednesday's are there busy ngts, SanNic 44 thanks for signing book today, @ Del Mar (bike)

Chino Latino

I mentioned in a separate post how restaurants have slipped in service and food. Here's an example.

We go to Chino Latino, a place where many months ago I enjoyed a nice cocktail party with good appetizers. Not anymore.

I could talk about the absent service that did have time to share a cigarette with the other waitress while standing at the kitchen door. I could mention the out of the freezer into the deepfry food. I might mention the rice on the side had been sitting around so long it was crunchy and the vegetables cooked so long as to be completely tasteless. I could mention the confused and diffident service person who took over for the second one who replaced the first who disappeared but then reappeared at the very end. And I could also mention the 15% service charge for this nonsense that exceeded a cost of $68, which I paid as a sort of offering to the Gods for intestinal peace.

Instead I'll say that the host is a very congenial fellow who should work somewhere worthy of his decency instead of this nicely decorated waste of prime real estate. Maybe your (dear reader) experience will be better.

If you are a restauranteur in Aruba, I hope you are paying attention. This is as mild as my reviews are going to be for places that are shameful. Enough said.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

ONE STRIKEIs this the restaurant that just opened down from Giannas?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    ONE STRIKEIs this the restaurant that just opened down from Giannas?
    Chino Latino is at The Village mall. Gianni's, Cactus Jacks, then Chino Latino.

Aruba since 1979
    the way you write is captivating! you should be a novelist

i think chino latino will not be on our list in january
    Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    I mentioned in a separate post how restaurants have slipped in service and food. Here's an example.

We go to Chino Latino, a place where many months ago I enjoyed a nice cocktail party with good appetizers. Not anymore.

I could talk about the absent service that did have time to share a cigarette with the other waitress while standing at the kitchen door. I could mention the out of the freezer into the deepfry food. I might mention the rice on the side had been sitting around so long it was crunchy and the vegetables cooked so long as to be completely tasteless. I could mention the confused and diffident service person who took over for the second one who replaced the first who disappeared but then reappeared at the very end. And I could also mention the 15% service charge for this nonsense that exceeded a cost of $68, which I paid as a sort of offering to the Gods for intestinal peace.

Instead I'll say that the host is a very congenial fellow who should work somewhere worthy of his decency instead of this nicely decorated waste of prime real estate. Maybe your (dear reader) experience will be better.

If you are a restauranteur in Aruba, I hope you are paying attention. This is as mild as my reviews are going to be for places that are shameful. Enough said.

I ate at Chino Latino in April and liked it quite a bit but.....things can always change.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast