Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Choices for dining

Hello everyone
    we are getting ready to go to aruba July 16, however can any one tell me if there is a big differnence between El Gaucho and L.G. Smith Steak House?
    Also does any one know if Cuba's cooking is still open?
    we also are going to Blossoms and cafe Baci hope these are good as well.
    very confused,Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you all so very much

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    L.G. Smith's at the Renaissance is a American steakhouse while El Gaucho's is an Argentine steakhouse. I have eaten at both and prefer El Gaucho's but both are very good.

My suggestions would be El Gaucho......I had the most yummy meal there last year......we will be married in Aruba on 7/16 (eagle beach)....where are you staying?
    Next Aruba trip in

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Atmosphere is big difference too...LG more formal, El G is more fun, layed back....actually imop more food there also. That being said, I have always had issues with El G...though DH loves the place, so I suppose we will always go bac,.

Haven't been to cuba's cooking, Baci or Blossoms, to many other good ones out there for us to try these.
    I dont'see on your list Madame Jeannette's...big mistake, best place on the island.
    Other good ones not to be missed; Pinchos, Mirandi's, Wacky Wahoo, Marina Pirata...

me and my family will be there then too. we will definately be going back to el gaucho....loved it last time. we will be at la cabana.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    last i heard is cubas cooking is closed
    the owner/manager was a member here and i PM'd him but have gotten no reply:-(
    Cuba's Cookin' is NOT closed.

We just ate there about a week ago and it was fantastic! Not sure why we waited so long to go there after all of these years but it was great. Nice live music (guitar) during dinner and then more live music after dinner hours. Fun, cute place with great food!

We met Douglass Markus (owner) while we were there. He is putting it up for sale because he may have to move off-island since he's looking for new schools for his son. But the place is doing well and his decision to sell is for personal reasons.

Photo taken after dinner on 5/12/10:

Last edited by ~Amy~; 05-24-2010 at 10:37 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    thanks amy!!!

Not a problem. I just wanted to make sure people still know it's open and it's a great little place for both lunch and dinner. All of these trips to Aruba over the years and we FINALLY made it there!

Since Rumba has closed (which was our FAVORITE spot downtown for lunch) we were looking for a replacement - and I think Cuba's Cookin' is it!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I was going to ask for a recommendation for a downtown lunch spot...looks like Cuba's Cooking might be the place to try. We want to spend a bit of time exploring downtown, shopping etc. Any other suggestions for lunch would be appreciated!

Aruba since 1979
    i had received an email from someone on aruba telling me it had closed.
    prior to that liz (aruba lover) told us it was for sale.
    i tried to reach the owner/manager for confirmation and got no reply and their website was non functional....just went onto it, the home page is there, but clicking the menu and the other links shows those sections as being down.

again, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Not a problem. I just wanted to make sure people still know it's open and it's a great little place for both lunch and dinner. All of these trips to Aruba over the years and we FINALLY made it there!

Since Rumba has closed (which was our FAVORITE spot downtown for lunch) we were looking for a replacement - and I think Cuba's Cookin' is it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast