Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We love Smokey Joes ribs. Always a good "easy" restaurant for us to go for dinner if we stay on the beach late. Close to our TS at the Surf Club and i love the sampler.

I will definitely try Amadeus on our trip in July. Menu looks terrific (thanks to those who sent the link and directions) and prices are so much better!

I love this community forum because everyone is so responsive and have such great input.

Aruba since 1979
    jeffnev one of the many reasons this is such a good forum is the fast and ready responses and help given by many that care.

no cliquey, no nastiness, no spamming, no hidden agendas and lots of smiles and information.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    Menu looks terrific (thanks to those who sent the link and directions) and prices are so much better!

I love this community forum because everyone is so responsive and have such great input.

I was just on Cuba's Cooking's web site and it appears to be working fine including the reservation page. Since I'm still in NJ, I can't say for sure that it is open but I am hopeful.

Aruba since 1979
    it is open
    I was just on Cuba's Cooking's web site and it appears to be working fine including the reservation page. Since I'm still in NJ, I can't say for sure that it is open but I am hopeful.

choices for dining

thank you everyone for your great advice on restaurants much Appreciated

lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by cukiecutr View Post
    My suggestions would be El Gaucho......I had the most yummy meal there last year......we will be married in Aruba on 7/16 (eagle beach)....where are you staying?

Thank you so much and Congratulations on your upcoming Nuptuals!!!1
    We were ther a few years agao and viewd a beautiful wedding on Eagle Beach at sunset.
    WE are staying at the renasissance timeshare. sorry for late reply Iam still getting used to this . all the best
    Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it is open
    thank you andrea for the information . excited to hear it
    Lorraine

THANK YOU YES IT IS OPEN AND WE ALREADY MADE A RESERVATION !!!!!1.
    lORRAINE

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    There had been an ad in Aruba Today newspaper that Cuba's Cookin' was for sale. It was open when I passed the restaurant last month.
    Thank you so much for the information Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    L.G. Smith's at the Renaissance is a American steakhouse while El Gaucho's is an Argentine steakhouse. I have eaten at both and prefer El Gaucho's but both are very good.
    Thank you We took your advice and made a reservation at El gaucho's thank you again
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-15-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

As the owner of Cuba's Cookin' let me reassure all that the restaurant is certainly still open and has not diminished at all in it's enthusiasm, quality and just fun and eclectic ambiance. As a matter of fact we just brought in a new Cuban chef who is absolutely fabulous as well as entertainment by a father & son duo from Cienfuegos Cuba.
    You will still find me there most evenings as it also happens to be my favorite place to be.
    ~ Owner, Douglass Markus

Aruba since 1979
    douglass thank you for responding. i had tried to get in touch with you to answer these questions!
    thank you so much for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by douglass View Post
    As the owner of Cuba's Cookin' let me reassure all that the restaurant is certainly still open and has not diminished at all in it's enthusiasm, quality and just fun and eclectic ambiance. As a matter of fact we just brought in a new Cuban chef who is absolutely fabulous as well as entertainment by a father & son duo from Cienfuegos Cuba.
    You will still find me there most evenings as it also happens to be my favorite place to be.
    ~ Owner, Douglass Markus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast