Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Cooking classes to Start

Hi everyone, Happy Holidays,
    I overheard that in March the AGA is thinking of starting a cooking class at different AGA member's restaurants and it will be televised. They had told me that each restaurant will present a local dish, a local fruit or vegetable and the guests attending will learn to make the dish, eat the entree, Take the recipe home and will be televised.
    I think it is a suberb idea since there are so many people wanting to learn the traditional dishes and favorite dishes of certain restaurants that they love. The cost is $35.00 for an hour cooking class which I found very reasonable. I am very interested in learning the local cuisine dishes. What do you think, I would love to hear what members have to say.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Sounds like a fun thing to sign up for.
    I guess it depends on the time of the classes as I don't want to loose my "sun time' and happy hour time. Early mornings are appealing.
    Keep us posted. cindyo

Yeah, I am kind of thinking the same as Cindy. Dh would be the one to take the classes, but if he had to pay for the privledge AND lose beach time...Would not happen. Not sure if he would even pay the money.

Good idea....In my case Dh (as with ArubaLisa) would attend the classes, but he doesn't mind loosing sun time. We have a farm and ALL summer long he is in the blazing heat, so for him the cooking class would be a nice way to pass time instead of suffering on the beach with me......Keep us posted, I would love to get reservations in.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Sounds interesting......When's a good time though, Cindy mentioned mornings which are probably best but usually I am walking around with one eye open and one eye shut from the night before so it would really depend on the time without loosing valuable sun / beach time. 9-10am maybe? $35 is fair but I think the AGA should eat that one up since they are featuring tourists to do the cooking, that would be good business in my book. Keep us posted and see you in April.

ash
    Why not have an AGA membership club and vary days/times for FREE presentations and cooking classes? Have one class in the morning, one in the afternoon on different days of the week. The restaurant (whose recipe is featured) can offer AGA member's a discount, a free glass of wine, or free dessert. If you have never been to a cooking class, they are a great way to learn local dishes!

Wasn't there something similar to this a few years ago? I remember having a discount card to restaurants from AGA. Anyone else remember that deal?

I remember AGA offererd cooking classes before and I mentioned it to my husband as we're both foodies. He didn't like the idea of losing quality beach time either. I hope it's successful though for others.

ash
    Totally understand if you have limited time for vacay! There are plenty of folks who are here longer and may be interested in this. I'm curious if this is going to happen or is it just talk? Angela - do you have an update?

I'm with Ash, will be there 7 months and would love to do class.