Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Cooks

Smile Cooks

Hey there Kent, it Definitly was a pleasure meeting you, and also thank you once again for everything from the Snorkeling to the Dinner at Cooks. For anyone who has not met this man, you will know for sure when you do that he is a true Aruba Lover. he appreciates everything we have here on the island and shows it as if he was one of our own. If I may, i just wanted to touch on the subject of cooks restaurant. and clarify a few things some may have misunderstood. Recently they have revamped the menu and completely switched the staff, as many other restaurants it takes some time to pick itself off the ground and in this case we did see some proof in that on tues evening.i was invited to the tasting of the new menu as were other chefs and BB moderators and we all agreed that the new menu was incredible. The food has great flavor and presentation, only thing was they wanted to try an all you can eat buffet on tuesdays and the theme changes weekly. this past week was indian cuisine and must say though it was tasty it is not something many people appreciate a taste for. I agree with kent in saying it was definitly an off night in guest counts while we were their, but in defense for cooks, (which I dine there Quite a bit...) it was the slowest i have ever seen it, it normally is around 35 - 45 % occupancy, i have to say it does make it difficult for some older guests to climb the stairs. but they are in the works to adjusting that. anyways I dont want to come accrossed as promoting it by any means but thought i would clarify a few things. In general it was a very pleasant evening, and i will continue to dine their for their all you can eat sushi nights and steak dinners. Im hoping next time kent you will allow me to treat you to sushi night. Thank you again for everything and I'll make sure to hold down the fort until you return. Best regards,
    -Gabriel

Aruba since 1979
    CB which restaurant are you a chef?

hmmmm some bb moderators were invited to the taste testing? not me :-( maybe liz since she is the "restaurant guru"

next time you need taste testers the moderators here will be first in line

welcome to the forum gabriel

Hello there Andrea and thank you for the welcome. I should have joined along time ago and glad i did. im still in the works of figuring it out but i will get their. im not even sure how to make it so I recieve notifications when people reply to posts etc... anyways, I am Currently the Chef At Club Arias. It is a B&B located in Savaneta and we do private dinners and are in the works of establishing a pizza place. I was the first Chef Of the Old man and the Sea, but i resigned my position as of May 1st of last year. any other questions please feel free to contact me. take care.

regards,
    -Gabriel A.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Hi Gabby.

Glad you like your job at Club Arias. I can't wait to see Ommi at Cooks when I back in Aruba in 3 weeks.

Liz

"hmmmm some bb moderators were invited to the taste testing? not me :-( maybe liz since she is the "restaurant guru"

I actually was invited but flew in the day they were having it. I understand I missed
    a great evening....

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum chef gabriel

Hey Liz,
    I will definitly be around. we can meet up at cooks if you would like at some point when you are here. as i had mentioned before he is doing sushi nights and cultural foods on tuedays and thursdays now... to kind of change the pace a bit. how have you been? love the picture. i look like a baby. hahaha. i guess i still kind of look like that. hahaha. Andrea, thanks again for the welcome. its my pleasure to be here.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I'll let know Ommi what night I'll be at Cook's when I get down there. It will be great seeing you again. Till then.