Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Cooks Restaurant is moving

Good day everyone.

Cooks Restaurant is moving.

Yes, for a long time I was searching for different ways to make it possible for our guests who want to visit our restaurant but couldn't due to the stairs. With the help of a forum member I searched for the structural possibilities to install an elevator or a chair lift. After much research and work it finally has come to this point. We are moving. But, not far.

The ground floor of the same building has become available lately and we'll be moving Cooks Restaurant to the ground floor level making it completely available for all our guests, especially for those with disabilities. The restaurant will also have an outdoor patio where everyone can choose indoor or outdoor.

Sadly we'll have to close briefly. Our last day will be September 30th but we are scheduled to re-open on December 1st, 2010. We will be opening for lunch as well as for dinner and also brunch on Sundays only. The second floor will remain available for private functions and/or when the bottom floor is full we can still seat guests on the second if they would can go up the stairs. It'll be best to let us know in your reservation if you want the ground level if you don't like to go up the stairs.

Indoors will remain non-smoking but with the addition of the outdoor patio smoking will be allowed at the outdoor section.

Our prices will remain the same and for lunch the price range will be between $10 to $25 dollar entrees. Yes, the shuttle will stay. So you can have a free shuttle service to Cooks for lunch and then you can go shopping in downtown from there, then come back and have dinner and take the free shuttle back to your hotel. So, it won't cost you anything extra to eat at Cooks. No transportation cost. Additionally we are working on a section at the restaurant where you can leave your shopping bags while you are doing more shopping arround the area.

You can start making your reservation for December and we'll keep you updated on the restaurant's progress.

This Thursday will be our last day until we re-open in December, so please make your reservations early for tomorrow's All You Can Eat Sushi Night.

We'll see you then. Cheers !!!

Cooks Restaurant

Oh rats....your restaurant was on my list to visit in November....will have to wait till next year !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Oh rats....your restaurant was on my list to visit in November....will have to wait till next year !!!
    I'm so sorry about that. I too was looking forward to your visit. Well, on your next trip to Aruba it'll be great. If the restaurant is ready in November I'll let you know for the soft opening. During the soft opening we'll put the restaurant to the test to see if everything is operationally working well. We can then have a few Balashis to celebrate.

I admire the consideration you have for your customers and wish you well at your new location. Selfishly, I'm sad because I'll be in Aruba during the time in which you will be closed. I'll have to look forward to trying your place next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I admire the consideration you have for your customers and wish you well at your new location. Selfishly, I'm sad because I'll be in Aruba during the time in which you will be closed. I'll have to look forward to trying your place next trip.
    Thank you for your kind words and well wishes. I greatly appreciate all my guests and I always take their feedback in high consideration, both the bad and the good feedback. For me it ain't much about the money but it's more important for me our guests' experience at the restaurant. Charlie Trotter is one of the chefs I most admire.

We are looking forward to your visit next time you are in Aruba.

Best regards,
    Ommi

We will be there next August for sure! Great restaurant!! Patti&Charlie

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    See you in January Ommi.

Aruba since 1979
    cannot wait to be there in december!